twenty two

𝗢𝟮𝟮
𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗻𝘁 𝗺𝗮𝗻
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚

the four of the remaining players were now walking back down the colourful staircase. eunji had insisted to stay at the back even though saebyeok was confused as to why, she just got on with it.

she could feel the blood leaking from her fresh wound and dripping onto the floor. tears made their way to her eyes and she squeezed her eyes shut, in hopes of making them go away. she could feel the sweat at the back of her neck increase more and more as she continued walking.

the players entered the once full room, and only saw four beds in each side of the room.

slowly, eunji made her way over to her bed. she felt sick to the stomach and very light headed. saebyeok followed after her and once eunji was sat down, she sat beside her.

eunji let out a shaky sigh and closed her eyes. "are you sure you're okay?" saebyeok asked, looking over at the girl. she nodded and licked her lips. "yeah... i'm just tired."

saebyeok gently pushed eunji's head onto her shoulder and held onto her hand. "rest your eyes for a few moments then."

"why'd you do that?" gihun asked sangwoo. "what the hell did you expect, huh?" he answered.

"why go up and push that guy?"

"you got lucky waiting in the back of the line." sangwoo scoffed. "must have forgotten how things are here. what if that guy ended up wasting our time on that one step like that criminal? would you have done nothing?"

"but he was on the last tile." gihun tried to reason with him. "he would move to the next one soon."

"how can you know that, huh?" sangwoo raised his voice, stepping forward. "that last guy could tell the tempered glass apart the whole time, but he watched all those poor bastards out there die."

"the only reason you and i made it here is 'cause he tell the tiles apart."

"come on! just just it with this bullshit. that guy is not the reason that i'm still here, okay? i'll tell you the reason. it's that i'm willing to do almost anything to win this."

"stop with the excuses," gihun shook his head. "i'm not buying it. you still killed someone. his blood's on your hands."

"get it together, huh? we'll be killing everyone if we want that money. think about it for just one second. you should be happy that there's someone who's not afraid to get his hands dirty."

"and if it were me on that tile?" gihun questioned and sangwoo groaned. "come on! gihun! your life is so damn pathetic, and here's why. it's because you always gotta open your mouth and ask something idiotic. because you're a nosy ass idiot who's too slow to keep it shut. someone who always has to get into trouble but somehow can't tell he's in it."

"okay." gihun nodded. "that's right. that's how i got caught in all this. because i was slow, crazy incompetent. just a dimwit who lives off his mother, but you're with me in this place. isn't that interesting? ssangmun-dong's golden child, the genius cho sangwoo, who went to SNU was here? rolling around this shithole, slamming with us, simpletons, huh! is it my fault that you're here?"

while they were arguing, saebyeok couldn't help but think something was wrong with eunji. she looked down at the now sleeping girl and her eyes glided over to the zip of her jacket.

she slowly reached up and started to unzip it, but was stopped when the front doors opened. she removed her hand quickly and nudged eunji awake.

four of them had black, square boxes in their hands. "players, we sincerely congratulate and commend you all for successfully making it through the first five games. the four of you are now finalist and as such, we have prepared a special gift for each other you. before we reveal the gift, please take a moment to change into the outfits we have brought.

the two girls walked into the bathroom, eunji taking her time behind the older girl. once the door shut, saebyeok turned to face her.

"why did you lie to me?" she sternly asked and eunji furrowed her eyebrows. "what do you mean?"

"don't play dumb, park eunji!" she raised her voice slightly. "unzip your jacket." she moved forward to try and do it but eunji moved backwards.

"i'm fine." she whispered and didn't dare look saebyeok in the eyes. saebyeok scoffed, "please... eunji please just tell me. i can help."

eunji slowly shook her head. "no... no you can't." saebyeok's heart broke at the sound of the girls weak voice. "please. just show me."

eunji gulped and slowly reached up and began unzipping her jacket. once it was fully unzipped and her jacket was now on the floor, she slowly lifted up her t-shirt to reveal the wound with glass sticking out of.

saebyeok's eyes widened and she immediately took off her jacket and stripped from her t-shirt and ripped the material.

while she did that, eunji had taken out the piece of glass and hissed in pain as she held her hands over the now leaking cut.

"take your shirt off." saebyeok told her and eunji quickly did as told. the kang girl kneeled down in front of her and with the damp piece of material, she started to wipe around the cut.

eunji's hands flew to saebyeok's shoulders and squeezed them in pain. her eyes were shut tight and she but on her bottom lip. "hurry." she whimpered and saebyeok felt awful, knowing that what she was doing was hurting the girl she loved.

"i am, don't worry." she reassured and threw the wet cloth onto the floor and picked up her t-shirt and ripped more off.

saebyeok wrapped the material around her torso. "that should be fine." she huffed and tucked the hair that had fallen in her face behind her ear.

she stood up and and placed both hands on the side of eunji's face. "why didn't you tell me?" she whispered.

"i didn't want to worry you." she confessed and saebyeok let out a sigh and rested their heads on each other's. 

saebyeok leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. eunji immediately kissed back. she felt saebyeok's hands moved from her face to around her waist and gently pushed her body against hers, trying not to hurt her.

their kiss got even more heated and eunji was now against the wall as saebyeok kissed down her neck, groans leaving eunji's mouth. saebyeok's lips moved from her neck and to her chest. eunji's hands were in saebyeok's hair and her eyes were shut and her lip between her teeth.

suddenly, a knock was heard on the door making saebyeok remove her lips from the girl. "you need to hurry up." one of the guards told them and the two let out a breath.

saebyeok licked her lips and handed eunji her box that she was given. "go change." she told her and eunji nodded, walking over to one of the cubicles with a massive blush spread across her cheeks.

──

so this chapter was a little suggestive? i think that's the right word to use, i'm not sure, because it wasn't exactly smut

anyways, this is the last update today. i'll definitely be updating tomorrow. maybe twice or three times! once this book is completed, i'll be going onto the enemies to lovers one.

have a good day/night <3