nineteen

𝗢𝟭𝟵
𝘃𝗶𝗽𝘀
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙚
𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴! 𝘀𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"deoksu, honey, so glad you won." minyeo grinned as she waved at the players that had just walked in. eunji shot up in her bed and got off of it.

she rushed over to the crowed and tried searching for saebyeok or jiyeong. once she found saebyeok, they made eye contact and immediately rushed to one another and embraced each other.

"i'm so glad you're okay." saebyeok whispered as she cried into the smaller girls shoulder. "j..jiyeong... she didn't..."

"i know." eunji cut her off so she wouldn't have to say and hugged her tighter. she was glad that saebyeok survived, but sad that jiyeong died.

the two were now sat on saebyeok's bed, eating an uncooked potato. eunji didn't touch hers because she was too concerned for saebyeok, and making sure she ate.

eunji was looking down in her lap, thinking of ways to try and reassure saebyeok when she felt her place her hands on hers.

eunji looked up and softly smiled at the heartbroken girl. she raised her hand and placed it on her head and ran her fingers through her hair and pulled her down into her chest.

"rest." eunji whispered and kissed the top of her head. she heard saebyeok sniffle and then wrap her arms around her waist before snuggling her head further into her chest.

all of a sudden, player 069 began crying as she slowly walked down steps. "let's just stop all this. i can't keep doing this. i can't." he cried. "the majority must agree. well, come in, let's get out. half of us, that's all we need to end this right now. don't any of you want to leave this horrible place? anyone who wants to, stand up. let's get out of here."

eunji wanted to stand up. she really did. she didn't want to be in the hellhole anymore. but then she remembered her mother and going to jeju island to get away from her horrible father and all the people that died. if they did leave, then they would've died for nothing. ali would've died for nothing. jiyeong would've died for nothing. 001 would've died for nothing.

the man began whimpering and crying as he turned around in a circle to look at everyone. "how can you call yourselves human?" he yelled. "how many of you can continue with this insanity just for the money? you just had to kill the ones you were closest to at this place and you're good with that? just to get the money?"

"so what if we stop now?" sangwoo spoke up as he walked towards 069. "you think your wife will stop being dead if we all go now? and she'll forgive you for letting her get murdered? if you can't keep going, then why are you alive right now? you should've been the one who died in there instead. see that?" he asked after grabbing onto the man and shaking him before pointing at the giant piggy bank. "that's the price of being in here, and your wife and the others paid it with their lives, and you wanna go and leave? you wanna start from the beginning again? you ready to do all that, huh? starting over again from nothing with that guilt. and is everybody here ready to that as well? go ahead, stand up! let's see who thinks they are. get up and get out of here!"

nobody said anything. all they could hear was player 069's whimpers.

while that was going on, the vips were currently arriving and being led by a guard.

the group of men walked out from the lift and were met with the front man. "greetings," he spoke in english. "i hope your long trip here has not been too difficult. i am the front man. i oversee all of the operations here at this facility. it is a true honor to welcome you."

"where is the host?" one of the vips asked. "unfortunately, some urgent business has prevented him from attending."

"seriously?" another man asked in disbelief. "i find it hard to believe the host would miss a night like this."

"he asked me to apologize on his behalf."

"did some problem happen here?"

"not at all. it's just a personal matter of the host. the remaining games will be held as scheduled. i'm sure you won't be disappointed."

"well, i hope not." a big man stated. "listen, i'm willing to give anybody some slack. that's not a problem. i just have to say that i'm a difficult man to please. i hope you won't disappoint me."

the front man nodded. "shall we?" he asked and started leading them to the next destination.

lights had now gone out and saebyeok was fast asleep against eunji while she kept watch. all she could hear was the noise of the man praying and it was starting to annoy her.

eunji had tried to go to sleep, but nothing worked. the only thing she could see when she closed her eyes was dead bodies everywhere and hangyeol dying over and over again.

"i am dying to know what this next game is." one of the vips said as they walked into a luxury room. "give us a hint, will you?"

"as much as i'd like to, sir, i'd hate to ruin the fun for everyone."

"the games of this edition have been amazing."

"right. the contest in korea was the best."

"thank you." the front man nodded his head. "i believe this next game will exceed your expectations."

"well, that's why we came all this way. trust me, the screens we have at home are plenty big, but... nothing beats seeing it with your own eyes."

"no!" one of the men yelled. "no, don't do it, you idiot! you asshole! fucking loser!"

"what are you so worked up about?"

"i put a lot of money on that dickhead to win." he pointed at the screen where player 069 was about to commit suicide.

"how much did you bet?"

"a million bucks!" he spat, warning a bunch of 'ohs' from the other men.

"what convinced you to bet so much on number 69?"

"oh, it's uh, such a beautiful number, 69."

"oh you dirty dog." the men laughed at his 'funny' joke.

"you can place your bets again before the next game begins." the front man explained.

"oh, i'm definitely sticking with 68!" one of the many men stated. "why?" the man who had betted on 69 asked.

"because she's my best friends daughter after all."

──

sorry this is out later. i was very busy today, so hopefully more then one should come out tomorrow.

thank you for reading and voting! i hope you enjoyed!

have a good day/night <3