ten

𝗢𝟭𝟬
𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗮
𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

"hey, what did you see? tell me now." minyeo pestered the two girls as the intercom told everyone to line up for breakfast. "it's the morning now, you said you would. you were in there for a while, so go on."

"masked guys with pots, and they were melting a liquid down there." saebyeok finally gave in. "what was it?" 212 asked intrigued.

saebyeok looked back down at her hands that were in front of her. "i couldn't tell what." she said.

"goddamn it!" minyeo hissed. "i had to put on that whole show just to save your life back there and you couldn't tell what?"

"i smelled it though." sae said blankly.

"what did it smell like?"

"sugar or something."

"you kidding me? are you saying they were melting sugar in there?" minyeo asked while doing a gesture to show her stirring.

"i think they were."

"so, it was just that?" the muddled aged woman asked and saebyeok nodded her head. "girl," 212 huffed. "look, if you aren't telling me everything, i'll burn your eyes out with cigarettes!"

saebyeok slowly turned her head upwards to minyeo and sent her a death glare. the woman straightened her back and exhaled. "i guess i'm hungry. i'm craving something sweet."

she eventually walked off, leaving eunji and saebyeok sitting together. "are you not hungry?" saebyeok asked, looking beside her.

eunji shook her head, making saebyeok confused. usually, eunji would be all up for food. "why? do you feel sick?"

"i feel nervous." she answered, looking at saebyeok who was already looking at her. "what if... what if i don't make it ─ or what if you don't make it. i don't think i could make it in here on my own... you're my best friend."

saebyeok's heart tingled as she felt pain. she didn't know why she got like that and she didn't know what caused it, but whatever did, it was something that eunji had said.

"attention! the second game will begin shortly. please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall. i will now repeat the instructions."

eunji's heart pounded and she felt sick to the stomach. if she was right about the next challenge then all her hope on leaving the game room alive would shatter.

when she was younger she was never good at them and it at least took her three tries for her to succeed.

"come on," saebyeok said once everyone began moving. "you're gonna do just fine."

everyone was now walking up the colourful staircase ; eunji was in front of saebyeok. "you saw something, right?" she heard a man's voice say, causing her to glance behind her and see player 218 taunting saebyeok.