"You can have some more paracetamol if you want. It's been four hours." Lando offered.

"No I'm alright." Emilia replied turning to face him. She gave him a peck on the lips. "Why are we all standing inside let's get out in the sunshine?!" Emilia shouted. They all headed upstairs to put on bikinis, swimming trunks etc and apply suncream.

"I can do your boobs as well your back if you want." Lando offered with a cheeky grin.

"I think I can manage putting lotion on my cleavage myself thanks." Emilia rolled her eyes at Lando. They were still in their bedroom using the mirror to apply sunblock on their faces than do each other's backs. Emilia stared at her reflection as Lando was rubbing the suncream onto her back. She was still very bruised and had stitches in her leg still that weren't very attractive. Emilia traced the line of purple marks on her rib cage. The sunblock acted as a concealer making them less visible but it was fairly obvious they were still there.

Like this, she didn't feel pretty.

A lot of the driver's girlfriends were models so they were flawless whereas Emilia admitted she felt ugly looking like this. Her confidence had plummeted since her accident. Sure, she hadn't exercised in a few weeks and she'd eaten a lot of unhealthy foods because she was upset she couldn't race, but that didn't stop her looking beautiful.

"Em, what's wrong? You're frowning." Lando noticed. He saw her glance at herself up and down in the mirror and turned her away from it. Lando knew what she was thinking. Emilia certainly wasn't an open book but Lando knew her well enough know to read her expressions. "Don't look at yourself like that."

"I think I should put a top on." Emilia suggested but Lando wouldn't let her say anything else as he pressed his lips to hers. One hand was gently on her waist pulling her closer to him and the other on her cheek. Lando slowly kissed her closing his eyes and appreciating the bliss.

"You are so beautiful please don't ever think of covering yourself because you don't like the way you look." Lando assured. He worded it carefully as he didn't want it to sound like she couldn't wear what she wanted. All Lando ever wanted was for her to see herself how he saw her.

"There are going to be models here who look literally perfect and I look like Tinky fucking Winky with all these bruises." Emilia sighed. In any other circumstance she would be laughing at what she said but she felt so insecure.

"No one is going to judge you on your bruises or any of your other injuries. They all know what you've been through." Lando softly replied.

"Lando I'm not bothered about what they think. I'm bothered about what I think." Emilia had been the only girl for most of her racing career so she learned not to worry about what other people thought.

"You shouldn't be bothered. You are so perfect. Even with these bruises and cuts and scrapes, you are still perfect to me." Lando stroked Emilia's hair comforting her. "If you want to wear more clothing that's fine but it frustrates me that you don't see yourself as beautiful as I do."

"Okay." Emilia responded. Lando rested his hand on the back of her head and pulled her in for a hug. He didn't imagine that they would get much time over the next ten days to be by themselves though he could have Emilia all to himself when they flew to the Maldives afterwards.

"You want to go down now?" Lando gently questioned. Emilia nodded so she followed Lando down the stairs and out into the garden. Because of the hiccup of self-doubt that Emilia had had, the rest of them were already down there playing music and diving into the pool.

Throughout the rest of the day more people arrived including Mick who Emilia avoided greeting. She got into a conversation with Callum instead so Mick was shown up to pick his room before Emilia could say hi. However, he came up to her in the kitchen the next morning. Emilia was filling up her water bottle after smothering herself in sun lotion when Mick approached her. Everyone else was either outside or still in bed leaving the pair of them alone.