Chapter 31

3rd Person POV

"What are you doing here? I thought you were an underground?" Izuku asks. The two were now sitting across from each other on the couches, a cup of tea placed in front of both of them.

"I had to come see you. After Mom and Dad told me you were back I was waiting until I got the chance to see you. Of course being an underground hero took up most of my time so I was unable to." Touya says scratching the back of his head.

"Then how are you here now?" Izuku asks. If he was truly so busy how was he able to just stop by at night, a time underground hero's were supposed to be most active.

"Apparently Nezu knew how much I wanted to see you and reached out to me. He offered me a job and I took it. Your looking at the newest member of UA staff." Touya says jabbing a thumb at himself.

"What do you do?" Izuku asks taking a sip of his tea.

"I'll be assisting Eraser in a lot of your guys training. I'll especially be helping you, since I could probably match your strength the most out of these guys." He says.

"Really? You think you could do better than the number 1 hero of Japan?" Izuku asks.

"I know I could." Touya says slamming his fist into his palm, making a small explosion of blue flames.

"I'll have to take you up on that in training. Anyway what's with the black hair? Didn't you used to have red?" Izuku asks.

"I had someone with a special Quirk change it to black permanently. It's in memory of someone special to me." Touya says running a hand through his hair.

"Who was this person if you don't mind me asking?" Izuku asks.

"She....She was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. She was someone I could see myself spending my entire life with. But.... she passed away a few years ago." Touya says.

"How did she pass if you don't mind me asking?" Izuku asks, trying not to sound impolite. Losing someone that important to you isn't a matter everyone likes to discuss so easily. He didn't want to force any answers out of him.

"It was during childbirth." He says.

"Childbirth?" Izuku repeats. Dying during childbirth is rare these days with all the Quirks to help prevent it but apparently it still happens.

"It was about 6 years ago. We had fooled around carelessly and she ended up getting pregnant. We were both regretful of the news. We had accidentally done something huge. Despite not being ready for the situation we both accepted it. If we were going to force this kid to be born then we were going to love him as much as we could. We spent the nine months getting ready, making plans for everything. We even planned out his entire school life. But when it was finally time for her to give birth she didn't make it. Luckily the baby made it safely but unfortunately the same couldn't be said about her. The doctors couldn't explain how it happened. They said her heart just gave out and stopped beating. It was that day I became a single father." Touya says, his tone portraying nothing but fond memories of the two.

"Touya... I had no idea anything like this happened. I would have come visit you and tried to help you out." Izuku says.

"Izuku. You were twelve when it happened. And you were already going through enough of your own shit to have to handle mine. Besides I may have lost her but thanks to her I now have a new best friend. I didn't let her passing stop me. I raised my son on my own, with minor help from my parents. And we're doing pretty well. He should be transferring to a new school this week, into your kids school if Nezu informed me correctly. I just hope our kids could become friends." Touya says with a sad smile.