CHAPTER 3: Learning the Supernatural

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The scent was everywhere. Every nook and corner of this pack. Just why my thoughts were going back to the Alpha of this pack, was troubling me. I thought about asking Villa. My wolf and I liked the woman so far. She had been nothing but nice to us. Not once did I sense discomfort from her because of me. 

Finally, after a long thought I decided to ask her. My wolf was trying hard not to go against the rules and reason we were here. She wanted her kind to live in peace. She was just as ready as ever to end the ones who were trying to eliminate or even hurt her kind and even others for that matter. 

We made a stop near a slope. I felt her link trying to reach us. I quickly let her in and heard her voice, "We can wait here for a while. I have clothes here, if you want to shift." 

"Yeah. Let's wait." We shifted and quickly wore the boyfriend shirts she had hung over a tree branch. She made me sit at the edge of the slope that overlooked a small stream. 

I decided this was the best time to ask her about the scent. It was dominating my senses, making me moan and all. I needed to concentrate on the sessions rather than think about it. 

She sat beside me and looked at the scene. "Villa, can I ask you something?" She nodded, looking at me. "But can I trust you so you wouldn't tell anyone about it?" I asked. 

She smiled and sighed. "It depends on what you ask me. I can't just lie to my pack." 

"It concerns my mate." I told her. 

She bit her lip and said, "Go on." 

"Um- Do you guys have anyone in the pack who smells like a warm summer day. Something more earthy?" I asked her, causing her to snap her eyes at me. She knew the person. 

It had to be my mate. I knew I couldn't just say that without any confirmation. My wolf was all restless, pacing in my mind, listening to Villa intently.  

She sighed and shook her head, "I cannot tell you anything about it. I'm so sorry."

"I understand." I whispered and looked ahead, disappointed with her answer but at the same time I couldn't blame her. 

"But if you are mates then the goddess will move heaven and hell to make sure you two meet." She said as she put a hand on my shoulder. "I can see that your wolf is uneasy. On top of that you are an alpha, a strong one. I can understand you dear." She said, with a sorry look on her face. 

"I just- I don't know. It's too much." I told her, rubbing my face with my hands.

"It's going to be okay. And I wish I could give you some information but my first instincts are to protect my loved ones." She said softly. I nodded and gave her a small smile. We returned back to the cabin in our fur, carrying the clothes we had left at the hiding place. 

"Thank you so much." I told her. 

"It's no problem. Do you want me to get breakfast for you here?" She asked and I needed serious help because I was sure going to break down into tears. She was way too sweet to me. I held myself stronger, making sure I didn't make it obvious for her. 

"I'll be okay. I'll come by the pack house." I told her. She knew it was one of the ranked wolves in the pack. And she was taking extra care with me. 

The stupid maybe-Alpha mate was not leaving my thoughts. 

Why was I so adamant that he was the Alpha?! Urgghh!! 

I had breakfast with Lyla. She kept me busy with her questions, taking my mind off of the scent in the pack house for sometime. Villa had to rush home because her one year old boy had swallowed something while her mate was doing the laundry.