Adryan moved to stand beside Jade, with Adonis in his arms, just as he was about to speak up, the crowd of pack members go still, pin drop silence spreading around the crowd. Everyone looked around confused.

Suddenly, there could be heard the sound of multiple paws hitting the forest floor, and by the way, the sound travelled, it was heading their way.

Adryan raises his face, and takes a sniff of the air, seconds later his face hardens as he understands what was happening. The pack was under attack or was about to, as the air carried the scent of rotten flesh and blood, which only pointed towards one creature in particular - rogues.

It seemed like everyone else too understood the situation, and what was about to happen. Rogues were heartless creatures, and they killed without any remorse, no one liked their species and that should be on the faces of all the pack members as hatred filled sneers covered their faces. Adryan wasn't worried about his pack, he had made them train rigorously for times like this, women and men alike, and he was sure they were capable of protecting themselves.

"Warriors" Adryan speaks up in his Alpha voice, "Line Up."

The trained warriors of the pack had decided to take immediate action as they positioned themselves in front of the other pack members, forming a protective shield of sorts. Some of them in their wolf form and others in their human. Every pack member remained calm, some tried to, as showing fear was one of the greatest things the rogues fed off of.

"Violet" Adryan calls out to his female beta.

"Yes Alpha" Violet steps forward at his call, her tone serious unlike the usual sarcastic and lively one.

"You know what you have to do, take the elders, pregnant she wolves, toddlers and omega are to the safe bunker, Now. GO." Adryan gives out orders but immediately pauses, "Wait," he says to Violet and then turns towards Jade.

"You need to go with Violet to the safe bunker with the others. NOW," he demands to her urgently, as he could feel the rogues getting closer.

"Why?" Jade asks confusedly.

"Because it's the most safest option I have right now. I can't have you here with me and worry about your well-being while fighting them." Adryan's voice turns hard.

"Do you really want me to run to safety instead of fighting when a crisis arises?" Jade asks him incredulously.

Moving his face closer to hers, he says, "Isn't that what you usually do? Run?." his words seemed to hit right where he wanted to. It stung a bit too because in a way Jade has always run when a problem arose. She did nothing but ran when the rogues killed her pack members and burnt her pack house to the ground. She ran when things started getting difficult with Adryan. This hurt her, but she was determined to do the right thing now, she wasn't going to run like always this time, this time she was going to stay and fight.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm going to stay here and fight with the other pack members," Jade says while staring directly into his eyes. Adryan grits his teeth in anger at her words.

Jade turns to leave but turns back once again telling him "I don't need you worrying about my well-being, I'm more than capable of looking after myself. After all, I did that myself for the past three years." Her words were a direct jab at Adryan, her words cause his nose to flare in anger and his fists to clench, his eyes darkening to a black shade.

Adryan takes a step towards her direction, but someone places a hand on his elbow, pulling him back from doing something stupid.

Adryan turns his head to see Violet shaking his head at him.

'Don't do something on impulse and end up regretting it later, Adryan. Remember what we talked about? Have a little faith in her.' Violet's voice speaks in his mind, he stares at her, taking in her words.

"Violet, take him with you" Adryan handed over Adonis to Violet, all this while Adonis had been looking at his parents arguing back and forth, this realization made Jade to feel shame, she shouldn't be bringing her personal problems in front of him, she didn't want her problem with Adryan to cause problems between Adryan and Adonis.

"Come on little guy" Violet takes Adonis in her arm. Turning back to face Adryan, "I will be back soon." she says to him and turns to Jade and nodded to her in understanding.

Violet leaves, leading with her the elders and other pack members who couldn't fight physically.

Just as she left, a growl resonated around the open field. Everyone watched as wolves started piling in one after the other, there were around fifty of them, but something else stood out in each one of them. Their eyes held a wild, crazed and glassy look to them. Parts of their animal body were missing chunks of fur, and a few wolves looked abnormally bigger than the average wolf.

'Something was up with them' Vince told Adryan.

▪️▪️▪️

(A/N) : MERRY CHRISTMAS BESTIEES 🎄❤️

Also what did you receive for present this year?! Leave a comment ❤️
.
.
.
I kind of left this chapter on a cliffhanger. I was on a writers block and basically was clueless on what to write and I finally got something to write.

Don't be a silent reader, Comment and Vote ;)

-n