06-Living Dream

The shuttle landed promptly in the snow a distance away, a steel silhouette shining in the night sky. Once the snow settled, the two girls made their approach, eager to at last escape the freezing weather.

Rosa was still trying to come to terms with exactly what in the world was going on. Rosa hadn't even yet accepted the idea of even being known as Rosa, a concern she knew her companion had yet to come to terms with either. Apparently, whatever instrument the girl had been using had somehow identified her by such a name, and Rosa was coming to terms with the idea that the girl at least believed such sources would be reliable.. except for how it simply isn't believable. Rosa herself could definitely understand the part of it at least not being believable, clearly it was a matter of mismatched identity, being mistaken for someone else. She was Lyun, not Rosa, this was all just some extreme misunderstanding. However, it didn't help that there was very little she herself understood right now. They had escaped that obnoxious cave, a place feeling so absolutely unreal in its intensity, especially when the world went stiff and still for her in a few moments. At least, those moments seemed equally as surreal for her companion as for herself, even if such a companion still seemed much more informed in the current circumstances. Clearly, Rosa had failed to properly grasp the exact nature of her companion's naivety, it wasn't that she was crazy, it was that the world she came from really was so different from the Ruixse that Rosa knew.

Watching the shuttle land brought all of such feelings to another level. By the divine, what in the hells was that monstrosity. Rather than being made by crystalline composites, it looked to be high density metal, possibly the least efficient thing to use for flying. Rather than using either wind or dark elemental for propulsion in any variety, the entire system looked to be using some sort of strange blue light. Did everything here run on light? The girl was even making use of some sort of strange light earlier too, while looking up some information. That had also surprised her, she hadn't even located the instrument being used. To her, it was like she had conjured up a bunch of strange lights from nothing with nothing, like she was using some kind of strange magic. It was a ridiculous idea, magic was just a thing of fantasy, there had to be another explanation. However, finding an actual instrument that defied every principle she knew, she didn't even have the slightest idea what sort of explanation might even be rational at this point.

"Hey Kori. Wait, what happened to Fiona, and who is this?" "Everything just got complicated, please don't ask any questions, I'm still trying to figure out everything myself. Just bring us back to civilization, please." "Alrighty then, no questions on the job, got it. Just keep in touch then, let me know if you need anything." The guy who appeared to be in charge of their transportation slipped back into the strange craft as quickly as he had appeared, the girl having hardly looked up from her light-based research the entire time. Rosa was surprised, faintly hidden under the guy's unfamiliar uniform, she had been able to identify that same strange shine of a gem sparkling from the guy's forehead, the same blue one the girl had. Just what kind of purpose did that actually have for such people? Not only that, but they both shared that strange accent in speech as well, making it a bit harder for Rosa to follow along. She did catch that the girl she was with had a name as hard to pronounce as the one that had come up for her just earlier, Kori being about as hard to pronounce as Rosa. By the divine, those strange deep sounds in their regular dialogue make it seem like something had died in their throats.

"Ka-Ke-Kaeri?" "Huh, what? Oh, Kori, as in Korinna. ... Yeah, that won't make any difference either, will it. Your dialect just doesn't do the O-thing very well.. which means being named Rosa makes even less sense. You just couldn't be Fiona's sister... Wait! Fiona does have an older sister though, we should roll this over with her and see what she thinks of it. She should be at work right now, but her nights are pretty quiet. Here, don't just stand there, come and take a seat." Rosa followed Kori to the seating area, still perplexed about how unfamiliar everything was. Sisters.. that reminded her about Yhzia's sister, a promise she had still left hanging. Of course, this far from home, she had no way to fulfill such promises, but it still left her feeling bad about it. The worst part would be letting Yhzia's family know what had happened, something she had no idea how to explain. Just how would she explain anything when...