78-Temporal Frost

Kori eventually awoke, finding herself in Velvet's small cramped fighter, a fact which was leaving her fairly lacking for comfort. It was fortunate that Rosa was quite skilled with complex holos, the only comfort that had actually been provided for her.

"So, it seems Holi is pissed. It seems that I might not have gauged the EMP dosage very well, and that may have absolutely fried the circuitry of the nanites here. I mean.. I wanted to make sure she didn't just surprise us, that would have been a disaster. She's not seeing it that way though, determined that she could have done stuff to help out as well." "Oh, you're getting a signal from Epsilon? My DREs aren't picking up anything, though I guess they aren't exactly industrial strength communication gear. I guess the fact that there is none of Holi present right now actually might play an even bigger role here. Don't worry, when we get back, I'll see about trying to put together some stuff to rebuild losses to Holi's collection, I'll even let her know that it was all by my request. Actually, about that, thank you for being there for me when I needed someone's help." "No problem, all part of the mission, right? Just remember this in the future too. I know you're going to be all uptight in being over-protective and such, but you really should give some people a chance to prove what they're capable of." "That's something I certainly won't forget, don't worry about that." Velvet started giggling with a contagion that Rosa quickly picked up on. Rosa had quite the ambition to make sure she didn't fall for all of the same mistakes Velvet had grown up with. This time, things would be very different indeed.

"Seriously, you're both so loud, some of us have been trying to get some rest here." "Oh, sorry Kori, did we wake you?" "No, I was already waking up as is, but this isn't the most comfortable way to come to my senses. Well, if you're both so keen on talking right now, maybe someone would be so kind as to bring me up to speed on everything that happened? The last thing I remember is bringing the power back on at the citadel.. everything after that is just a blur." "You missed out on all the incredible stuff after that? Wait, even in your own awesomeness as you wrought paradox to safeguard your own identity into your own cybernetics? Oh come on, I really wanted to hear more about that story." "I.. may have some slight inkings to what you're talking about, but a refresher on everything else might make things a lot more clear. You go first." Kori listened carefully to Rosa's retelling of all the events that had transpired, herself really impressed with everything that Rosa had accomplished standing up to such a threat like that. The whole dominion of magic was especially unbelievable, if not for the fact that her chaos was capable of confirming the results. Kori really wished she could see such a thing, the creation of a new principle, that was something she would love to explore. Less likable was the threat her own presence had left behind while otherwise.. occupied. The ruthless chase through the citadel, the clash of conflict within some kind of strange empowered room. Rosa however had endured it all.

"Well, I guess the way things panned out for me was that I was sort of feeling a pressure through my own ability, a convergence of time, though I didn't know such then. Yes, I guess I did manage to withdraw into my own sense of comfort, and I guess that did come with some kind of stealth setup, but I can't exactly account for everything there. All I know about it is that I had applied chaos to a paradox of existence, that I was there, but that I was not, kind of like how the whole time-rift thing worked. I guess, using it against a threatening act of time, that actually makes more sense than it should. I can tell that such has left a lasting impact though, the link between us doesn't at all.. feel.. like it once did. However, think about it, four bodies, two people, one being. If the link was blocked, what did I have to myself? At the time, I didn't even have a body.. but I couldn't have endured as only just a person. I suspect that I've rendered our being into a paradox. Chaos however is infinite, so such might explain how an aspect of chaos could have more than a single perspective. I expect your portion of chaos is still unaware of it, but is probably getting a share of the same story." 「This would explain why there remained undefined distortions in the link, chaos having been wrought onto chaos. Such might have been further assisted by the divisive state between you both, where that one's temporal version had commanded an individuality in existence. It seems that the truth behind such distortions is that such bonds are no longer constraints, only opportunities. If there is a need for it, you both could move independently, even between both principled planes. You yourself have, at this moment, the ability to release the link and return to being Lyun. You could even then at any time switch back to Rosa just as easily. However, if both halves had the need and shared the same plane at the same time, the link could be restored without any difficulty. By true chaos, you are free.」 Kori had really done it this time, she had resolved one of the earliest concerns they held through this entire conflict, all in a way that provided options without denying any opportunities.