CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE- NEVER PREDICTABLE

AN: Dedicated to rebecca130 for being so awesome :)

--

Jane

It's funny how life can be so unpredictable. It's funny when you realize how fate plays with your life. Then again, you're the one who decides what foot you will use to take a step forward. You'll be the one to choose which hand you will use to touch someone's hand. Still, it's crazy that you'll choose what you will do every second yet find life throw something unexpected in front of you.

"Carson?" I called out in disbelief as I saw the gorgeous guy kneeling on the white marble floor of this crowded airport. "Jane?" he tilted his head up at me and I dropped my bag and luggage at the full sight of his perfect face, he asked in the same disbelief tone that I used. My heart broke again when I saw his gray eyes blurred with tears. His cheeks were stained with the continuous flow of it; his dirty blonde hair that was usually styled to perfection was sticking up at the wrong places. He looks so fragile, so vulnerable and broken.

Kneeling in front of him shakily, I didn't broke our gaze as he looked at me with full of awe, like I was just an illusion; that I'm not really there. I reached to touch his hand slowly but before our skin could even connect, he surprised me with a sudden rib-cage breaking hug. He clung onto me for dear life and even though his arms were holding me tightly, I didn't complain. The sensation of his warm body sends tingles on my skin, making my heart melt and my mind on a daze. I only hesitated to hug him back for a second due to being startled, then my lips curved up to a smile and I hugged him back with force and tenderness at the same time. I bury my head in his shoulder as I felt him shiver slightly because of the constant tears he was releasing. Lifting my head up and resting my chin on his shoulder instead, I hold back the tears that were trying to flow down my face. I rubbed Carson's back in a circular motion, trying to sooth him with my touch. It always worked back then.

And it did this time. Although he was still shivering a bit, I felt him calm down, satisfied, I pulled away from the embrace and placed both of my hands in his shoulder as I stare at his face. His cheeks were dried with tears and his eyes were puffy.

"Carson..." And again, before I could do or say anything else, he did something that caught me off guard once again.

He smashed his lips to mine strongly yet softly, tender and sweet at the same time. Unlike the hug, I didn't hesitate to return his gesture. I wrapped my arms around his neck; pulling him closer to me if that's even possible. I couldn't care less with the people who I was sure was looking at us with disgust or giving us weird looks. I kept my eyes closed and inhaled the moment. I was yearning for this for a long time and now that it is here, I won't let embarrassment get in the way of being happy for once in what seemed like forever. When we both pulled away reluctantly at the same time, we were trying to catch our breaths, never losing eye contact.

"I thought you left..." he half-whispered, pain obvious in his voice as the thought of me being able to leave haunted him.

"I didn't have the guts to leave my happiness behind no matter what the circumstances are." I half-whispered back at him. I continued, "Even if you are happy with someone else, it's enough reason for me to be happy as well."

"You won't see me with someone else." He cupped my cheek in his hand as he leaned closer to me, making my heart and breathing go wild, "Because you'd see me be happy with you." He stated making me blush as he pecked me softly on the lips.

"I'm sorry for not telling you the instant you woke up that-" I started apologizing when he stops me by putting his finger on my lips, making it shut close.

"I'm the one who has to say sorry J. You don't deserve to be in so much pain and I would forever make it up for hurting you, if that's the last thing I have to do." He removed his finger and this time, cupped both of my cheeks in his hands, resting his forehead to my own. "You're the one I love Jane. You're the girl I'd love now, tomorrow and forever. You're the only girl that could make me smile with pure happiness and you're the only girl that I could be myself with."

Happy tears fell on my cheeks as he finally said the three words I've been longing to hear, "I love you..."

"I love you too!" I sobbed and threw my hands around his neck as I giggled with him when he joked to me, "You'll be the end of me, I'm so whipped."

"You idiot! What took you so long to come here and get me?" I joked back, remembering the words I told him when he tried to come after me the last time I was supposed to leave for Colorado.

"Don't worry, I'll always come and get you back." He smiled at me and I was lost in that magical bliss.

******************************************************************************

Carson

I was scared to death when I thought Jane left for Colorado. But now, sitting here at the end of the lake pier, it seems like all the pain and tears were nothing but just a long distant nightmare. And now that we're awake, I can finally wrap my arms around the most beautiful angel to step foot in the face of the Earth beside me.

"I love you." She said to me as she continues to gaze at the wonderful sunset, the lake glistens, making the scenery even more perfect. "I love you too." Comfortable silence bestowed upon as until something hit my mind.

"Jane?"

"Yeah?" she answered, still not looking up at me.

"I know it's too early but I just wanted to ask you-" I stuttered, and this time she looked up to me, waiting.

"Well, I'm not planning to have it already, but soon, well..." I said nervously and Jane gave me an assuring smile, washing away all my doubts and nervousness.

I sighed knowingly and pulled her hand into mine, pecking it with a soft kiss as she looked at me with full admiration.

"Will I soon have the honor of having you as my wife?" I smiled at her and her eyes widened.

--

AN: Cliffhanger. Yeah I know. :) Sorry for not uploading soon enough! Anyway, the next chapter would be a BONUS CHAPTER. It would tell us how Jane and Carson met. Then after that, Epilogue is on! I'm so excited and sad for reaching the end. :( But thank you! Fan, vote, comment. <3 Keep on supporting!