CHAPTER FORTY- REMEMBER WHEN

AN: Yes, this chapter is entitled Remember When and you'll find out at the end of the chapter why. ;) Anyway, I now only have a few chapters left. The end is very near. So thanks a lot for supporting my first story! Read on. <3 Fan, vote, comment.

--

Carson

I made my way inside the bar, my jaw tense and my fist was clenched to the side.

It wasn't my intention to come here and yell at Jane. I was reluctant to even have a night out with Max and Mason, they just wouldn't take no for an answer. So here I am, leaving Jane out in the cold night after ripping her heart out from her chest while I'm here, not minding the stranger's complaints when I bumped into him as I made my way to the bar's counter. I sat on the stool and asked the bartender for a bottle of beer. When he came back with my drink, I chugged it down on my throat as I rested my elbows at the bar counter; my back was on the crowd.

Lost in my own thoughts as the event from this afternoon starts flashing back on my mind, I let my thoughts take over.

"We need to talk." Christine said softly the moment I opened the front door. The grin that was on my face the instant I saw her fell.

Her eyes were puffy and her face told a sad tale. "What's wrong?" I instantly rested my hands at the side of her shoulders and gave her a worried look. "Come inside."

"No." she answered and took a step back away from me. "We need to end this." Christine spoke aloud, her voice wavering.

I felt the panic form a lump in my throat. "What do you mean?"

"I can't be with you..." her voice sounded so eager to just get with it.

"You can!" My panic diverted into frustration and outrage. "What made you think that way?"

"Because I'm not the one you should be with." she said sternly and by that, I instantly knew why she was doing this. Before I could protest once more, she spoke again, "When you remember Jane, you'll regret being with me when you realize she's the one you're supposed to be with."

"No, you're the one I want to be with." she gave me a sad smile and I noticed her controlling back her tears.

"As much as I want to believe that, I know you're only saying that because you can't remember her. When you look at her..." she shook her head and smiled, "it shows pure, untainted and irrevocable love."

I felt my outrage burst, "Who are you to tell me what I feel?!"

She didn't flinch instead; she gave me another smile, making me angrier. "When the time comes that you realize I'm right, remember... I'll be there to tell you, 'I told so you'"

And she left me hanging.

A voice that echoed in the bar made the flashback that's going on in my mind halt. Turning around, I saw Jane sitting by the stool. Her hand held the microphone as she smiles to the crowd. Her desperate and pleading eyes that were begging me just a moment ago wasn't there anymore, showing no sign that it was even there. Instead she faced everyone, her head held high and a smile was plastered on her naturally pretty face.