CHAPTER TWELVE- AND IT BEGINS

5 months later

            I sat on the stool placed on the stage; luckily, I wore a jeans so as it covered my legs. A small spotlight directed at me, slightly blurring my reflection but I got used to it after 5 months of working here.

            “Hey everyone.” I beamed at the herd of people staring at me as I spoke in the microphone  I’m holding. “Okay, I got a letter before I got here from…” I trailed off, looking at the sender from the letter I’m holding, “Leila McGommery, requesting me to sing this song for her and her partner. Well, here it is.” I smiled again as I placed the microphone on the microphone stand. The minus one of the song burst in the speaker of the bar, James gave me thumbs up from the crowd. When the song’s intro ended, I leaned in close to the microphone and started singing.

If you ever leave me, baby,

Leave some morphine at my door

 Cause it would take a whole lot of medication

To realize what we used to have,

We don't have it anymore.

There's no religion that could save me

 No matter how long my knees are on the floor, oh

 So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm making

To keep you by my side

And keep you from walking out the door.

Cause there'll be no sunlight if I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies if I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same if you walk away

 Everyday, it will rain, rain, rain

            I inhaled sharply as I fought back the emotion that was clouding up my mind, singing this type of song made my heartache.

Ooooh Don't just say goodbye,

don't just say, goodbye

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding

 If that'll make it right

Cause there'll be no sunlight if I lose you, baby

There'll be no clear skies if I lose you, baby

Just like the clouds, my eyes will do the same if you walk away

Everyday, it will rain, rain, rain, rain...

            I kept my eyes closed as the music fade, every word from that song reminded me of Carson. It’s been six months and he still hasn’t woken up. Every hope that I have fades each passing day. I’m glad James and my friends are around to help me through those six unbearable months.

            They talked me into working here at the bar to sing every night after my shift at the coffee shop, I still haven’t gone back to school or to my dancing club. This place is very important to Carson and I. This exact spot I’m sitting now was where our eyes first pierced into each other’s soul. How I’m dreading to go back to that wonderful moment when our world revolved around each other. Because right now, I don’t even know what’s happening to him.

            Cheers and applauses snapped me out of my thoughts as I forced my eyes open and automatically plastered a fake smile to my face. As I sang three more requested songs, I went to James who was sitting in a table amongst the crowd.