xxxv. the kid-napping machine

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: THE KID - NAPPING MACHINE

( episode one: the gold )

✲*'。

Not long after they had arrived at the Wreck and after failing to actually get a job, Arden was busy pacing back and forth, half listening to JJ, Pope and Kie as they spoke about what to do next.

John B and Sarah were alive.

John B and Sarah were alive. That was all that mattered to Arden Kim. She didn't care about the consequences of what could happen if John B and Sarah returned prematurely. She was desperate to see her friends again; she was desperate to hear their voices, their comforting embrace and have physical proof of their existence.

The pogues needed to clear John B's name to do so. Then Arden would be finally able to cling to her friends again and refuse to let them out of her sight again. Arden Kim would do anything to prove John B's innocence; that however was readily tested when Haven fucking Murphy appeared out of the blue, her girlfriend by her side.

Unfortunately, Arden herself was the first to see them. Like she expected, her frustration went ignored over JJ's insistent exclamation of, "We kidnap Rafe Cameron!"

Brec Buchanan faltered, her annoying doe eyes meeting Haven's amused ones. "Your cousin is something else."

God Arden wanted them gone now.

"You get used to it," Haven chuckled in response, ignorant just as always.

The familiar sound caught JJ's attention. He smiled eagerly. "Well, if it isn't Havey-Way and her little girlfriend." He winked at Brec as she waved at the group. "I'll have to come up with a nickname for you now."

"Please don't," she shook her head.

"Don't care, I'm going to."

"Not to be rude, but why are you two here?" Pope interrupted before Brec could retort. At Pope's voice, Arden almost jumped for joy. Finally! She wasn't the only one frustrated at their appearance.

At JJ's pointed stare, he shrugged. "What? I said not to be rude."

"You're planning something, right?" Haven asked, refusing to meet the boy's eyes as she watched Kie and Arden look at each other with that look, a look that they had been perfecting ever since Haven abandoned them. They both wanted them gone

Haven clearly didn't have the same idea.  "To help clear JB and Sar―"

"Jesus, Murphy, you might as well announce it to the world," Arden couldn't help but cut her off. How idiotic could this girl be? To everyone else, John B needed to appear dead. If his continued existence on this got out .... Arden didn't even want to think about what Ward Cameron would do to hunt him down.