xxx. all that matters

CHAPTER THIRTY: ALL THAT MATTERS( episode ten: the phantom )

( episode ten: the phantom )

✲*'。

In the end, like the day before, it didn't actually take Arden that long to find Pope Heyward. This time Arden could happily report that he did not in fact run her over; thankfully.

When Arden has seen the bike speeding along the road, she didn't hesitate in jumping out into the middle of the road. Like she had predicted, Pope slowed down at the sight of her. The frustration was evident on his face as he just slowed the bike down enough for her to quickly jump on.

"Why aren't you with the others?" Pope shouted over the blur of the wind. He was intent on getting them back to their friends.

"Family thing!" Arden shouted back as Pope rounded the sharp bend.

"You got everything we need?"

"Yes, I did."

No more was said between the two of them as Pope continued the short journey to the garage. As they approached the building, Arden blaunched as Pope pulled her back roughly, pointing harshly to where they could see the outline of Rafe fucking Cameron.

"Fuck!" Arden hissed under her breath as anger lit up Pope's face.

"Here's what we do."

Just follow Pope's plan, that's all she needed the do. When Arden finally found a good enough wooden slate that would do some damage, she sprinted through the door behind Barry. She swung the slate at his ankles with as much strength as she could muster, cackling to himself as he howled in pain and JJ stumbled to his feet looking worse for wear. Behind her, Pope barrelled in through the other door, a metal pipe in his grasp that he used to swing at Rafe's back. He immediately released Kie, his other hand instinctively pressing down on the trigger of his gun.

Once she knew her friends were safe, Arden had snatched the gun out of Barry's hands and was screaming at him for touching the father of her baby. JJ, using his girlfriend's anger as a distraction, had pinned the drop-kick to the floor and was returning every bruise Barry had left him. Pope, running on the fumes of seeing his girlfriend almost shot, his friends constantly tortured by Rafe fucking Cameron, and the stress of life in general, was beating Rafe black and blue with the help of Kie. Haven sat frozen, Rafe's gun sitting at her feet with one less bullet than before.

"Pope," Kie suddenly cried, catching everyone else's attention. She'd backed away from the boy pretty quickly and was standing next to Haven. But Pope was still hitting, and he had no intention of stopping so long as Rafe's heart was beating. "Pope, stop!"