xxiii. we're family

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: WE'RE FAMILY( episode seven: dead calm )

( episode seven: dead calm )

✲*'。

"Ard what are you doing?" John B tiredly sighed as he was forced into enduring Arden messing with his hair.

After the whole blow up with JJ, Arden didn't know how long she had spent clinging to Haven. She didn't want to face the reality of what had just happened. She was alone again, she was fucking alone and it was all her fault. In the end, Haven had walked Arden back to their friends before taking off again.

When Sarah had seen the tear stained indents on her cheeks, she was doing she could could to cheer up the girl in front of her; even making her boyfriend suffer in the process.

"Fixing you up for your début with Mr Ward Cameron!" Arden chuckled in delight, slowly gelling every strand up into the air.

Originally, John B had only agreed to this to try and cheer up his emotional friend and was beginning to sincerely regret every agreeing to this.

"Why are you gelling every strand?" John B hissed under his breath, his cheeks colouring red in embarrassment as Sarah tried to mask her giggles. Kie however, couldn't hold back the full body laughs while Pope tightly held onto his own hair.

"And we're done!" Arden declared, holding up her phone for him to see.

John B's jaw dropped as he looked at his hair .... standing up in every possible direction. Sarah and Kiara couldn't repress their laughter, as they clung to one another while Pope winced.

John B opened his mouth to say something but forced his lips up into a smile at the hopeful smile on Arden's face.

"It's ... perfect!" John B forced out.

"John B going wild," Sarah purred while Arden glared at her in disgust.

"Not around my child ... please."

✲*'。

Not long after they had arrived at The Wreck, John B disappeared with Sarah to show him something, leaving implicit orders for the others to find the wrench they would needing. Easy enough, as usual Pope had the idea where to find it. While he went to get it, Arden and Kie stayed behind, promising to meet up with him soon.

"How are you now?" Kie asked as she watched Arden scoffing down a plate of fries.

"I'm tired, I'm emotional and I want to get sick!" She whinged. In response Kiara attempted to reach for the food, getting a full body hiss from Arden.

"Ard if you feel sick...." Kie trailed off sighing as Arden continued to stare up at her tear filled eyes. Kiara had no idea what JJ had said to her, but whatever he did it had clearly taken a number on the girl. She looked exhausted.