Chapter 10: Students VS Teacher

Start from the beginning

Fox: Morning you two. I hope you're ready.

Ivy: I am! You're going to regret giving us a week because you're going to lose today!

Katie: You shouldn't say that.

Ivy: Why not? We're going to win anyway.

Katie: Confidence is a good thing to have, but you shouldn't let it be your downfall.

More students walked in. I saw Dave walk in and he walked over to us.

Dave: This is it. Our match with the Black Knight.

Katie: Black Knight?

Ivy: Can you not with the nicknames? You sound like you're reading a book about King Arthur.

Dave: Arthur? You mean my great great great great great great grandfather?

Ivy was about to shout at Dave, but the bell rang.

Fox: Alright class. I want Katie, Ivy, and Davidson up here.

The three of us walked onto the arena.

Student: Mr. Black? Since these three are going to be fighting you for a week? What are we supposed to do?

Fox: Simple. Once I'm done with these three...

His eyes went pitch black and four black tendrils came out of his back.

Fox: ...You all are next.

Mr. Black turned to look at me, Ivy, and Dave.

Fox: You three ready?

Dave made a ball of fire in his hand.

Dave: Give me everything you got!

Dave ran at Mr. Black. Dave threw the fireball forward, but Mr. Black blocked it with one of his tendrils. Two tendrils went at Dave and wrapped around him.

Dave: What the?!

The tendrils raised Dave up and swung him at me and Ivy. Ivy jumped up and landed on Dave, jumping off him to go higher into the air. A bunch of pointy quills came out of her back. Ivy turned around and shot them at Mr. Black. His tendrils wrapped around himself, making a bubble, and blocking all the quills.

Katie: So he can do more than make tendrils with his Power.

I looked over at Dave and he's on the ground. I ran over to him and put my hand on his back.

Katie: Dave! How do you use your power?!

Dave: I just think about going fast and that's lighting. Attack is fire. And ice is defense. That's the simplest I can put it.

Katie: Thanks.

I looked at my hand and some sparks of lightning came out of it. I ran over at Mr. Black at lighting speed and made a ball of fire, hitting the bubble. The bubble disappeared and Mr. Black grabbed my arm and pinned me down.

Fox: I thought you were Dave for a second. Your Power is a tricky one, isn't Katie?

Ivy: Let her go!

I looked up and Ivy is diving down at us. Mr. Black sent a tendril at Ivy. She tried her best to dodge it, but it grabbed her leg, slamming her to the floor.

Dave: I've had enough of this!

Fire came from his eyes. He raised both of his hands above his head, making a huge fireball.

Fox: Not a good move for a king to make.

Dave threw the big ball of fire at Mr. Black. He raised me and Ivy up. I tried to get out of his grasp. Is Mr. Black actually going to let me and Ivy take this head on?!

Dave: Crap!

Dave quickly made an ice wall in front of the fireball, stopping it. Dave went up to the fireball and got rid of it. I reached over and was able to tap on Mr. Black's elbow. I made some tendrils on my back and pushed Mr. Black off of me.

Fox: Glad to see you finally figured that out.

Ivy: Hey Mr. Black! If we throw you out the arena, that counts as our victory right?!

Fox: By all means, yes. That's how the tournament will work.

Ivy: Great!

Ivy grew some wings and flew at Mr. Black. Dave surrounded himself in lightning and went at Mr. Black too. They both brought their fists back, trying to hit Mr. Black. He just smiled and pushed his tendrils on the ground, pushing himself up.

Ivy and Dave: What?!

They couldn't stop themselves in time and they went out of the arena.

Fox: That's two down already.

Mr. Black sent his tendrils at me. I sent mine as well. Our tendrils grabbed onto themselves. I need to think of something to do. Mr. Black grabbed his tendrils with his hands and slowly started to pull me towards him.

Fox: You three really needed a better plan. Even in a one v three situation, you still lost.

I looked around and saw one of the quills Ivy made. I felt a new Power enter my body. I made a few more arms and grabbed the tendrils, trying to pull Mr. Black.

Fox: Time for a new tactic.

Mr. Black stopped using his Power and ran at me. I tried to hit him with my tendrils, but he punched them away. He grabbed one of my arms and threw me over his shoulder. I landed on my chest. I tried to get up, but Mr. Black put his foot on my back.

Fox: You all need some major work if you want to do well in the tournament.

He picked me up and tossed me out of the arena. I sighed and I got rid of the Powers I mimicked.

Ivy: Can't believe we lost.

Dave: I should've known the Black Knight would be a tough opponent.

Fox: I'm quite embarrassed to call you three my students right now. Maybe you'll have better luck during our next match.

I stood up and groaned in pain. I saw Dave and Ivy get up and they also groaned in pain. We went over to our seats and sat down.

(Chapter 10 end)