Chapter 29 - Annabeth's old school friend

Start from the beginning

It started with the rumor going around of a new student and everyone was pretty excited because the last two new students were Percy and Annabeth. Whoever this person was, the student body had some high expectations.

New people during the school year - especially in the middle of a semester - were also pretty unusual, so people were curious. And it turns out, people got even more curious when Annabeth knew the guy.

"What do you mean you recognise him?" Percy questioned. They were walking between lessons, and they saw him being shown around by a teacher at the end of the corridor.

"I think he went to my school when I went back to stay with my dad for a year," Annabeth told him, their friends listening in. "He was kind of annoying from what I remember, but that might of changed,"

Percy shrugged, looking at the boy one last time before the teacher led him to a different direction to where the friend group was going. "Well, as long as he doesn't annoy us,"

Everyone nodded in agreement, having very little patience for annoying social climbers. Ever since Percy had come back with Annabeth in tow, many people had tried to join their friend group, but it was clear they were either trying to get into Percy or Annabeth's pants, or trying to use them to get into the popular group.

"Whatever, we might not even have any classes with him," Ash said, grabbing the back of Aliyah and Karl's backpack. "Okay, we gotta go to our next lesson, see you at lunch fuckos!" Aliyah and Karl flipped the rest of the group the bird as they were dragged off by Ash.

"They have a point," Aaron said, before linking his arm into Annabeth's to drag her away. "We're going to history, see you at later,"

Charlie and Percy made their way to their own lesson, Percy blowing an exaggerated kiss to Annabeth causing Aaron and Charlie to snort in amusement.

"Percy is such a simp for you," Aaron told her, just incase she didn't know.

"Well then Aaron, I guess I'm a simp for him too," Annabeth replied with a 'don't-blame-me' shrug.

"Oh, Annabeth, I could've told you that," He said with a roll of his eyes.

Annabeth huffed lightheartedly with a slight blush, "Okay, shut up. Let's just get to our lesson,"

"I see the topic change Annabeth, you're not slick," He said with a laugh, "But yeah, let's go,"

They both had history, as did Percy and Charlie, but for some reason each pair were in separate classes on the other side of the building. It was weird, but school was weird so they had stopped questioning it a long time ago.

(Thank gods for that because the semi-blown up science room was instead blamed on a faulty gas tap instead of Annabeth fighting a monster. There was the one science teacher that hadn't stopped glaring at her, however, because according to the teacher, 'That girl was far too close to the scene for it to have been a coincidence!')

They took their seats at the back of the class, where Annabeth had dragged them when they first entered the classroom. Annabeth liked it because she could see the whole class, and was facing the doors and windows. Aaron went with her because he could eat food and the teacher wouldn't see him.

The teacher started the lesson, and everyone pulled out their notebooks or computers so they could take notes. They had barely started the class when someone knocked on the door and the new kid walked in. He looked around the classroom, scanning faces until a flash of recognition flew across his face as he looked at Annabeth.

"Hello? Are you the new student?" The teacher asked, pausing his rant about something historical.

The kid looked back to him and nodded, then cleared his throat, "Yep, I'm Luis. This is history with Mr Brownett, right?"