War of words

Of course he would pick a smut book.

My cheeks flushes red as i open the book. I had watched the movie once with jiya and i know enough that the book scenes would be much much more intense.

"Turn to page. . . 87" karthik whispered in my ears and slid down the wall opposite to me and sat.

I turned the pages to 87, my hands trembling with anticipation.

As i run my eyes along the page, joy spreads through me. I smiled.

"Light fills the room, coaxing me from deep sleep to wakefulness. I stretch out and open my eyes. It's a beautiful May morning, Seattle at my feet. Wow, what a view. Beside me, Christian Grey is fast asleep. Wow, what a view. I'm surprised he's still in bed. He's facing me, and I have an unprecedented opportunity to study him. His lovely face looks younger, relaxed in sleep. His sculptured, pouty lips are parted slightly, and his shiny, clean hair is a glorious mess. How could anyone look this good and still be legal? I remember his room upstairs... perhaps he's not legal. I shake my head, so much to think about. It's tempting to reach out and touch him, but like a small child, he's so lovely when he's asleep. I don't have to worry about what I'm saying, what he's saying, what plans he has, especially his plans for me." I read fighting my grin as karthiks face drops with disappointment.

"Sorry to disappoint you sir. But it looks like they just finished having sex and are sleeping. Bad luck" i shrugged and placed the book next to me.

He pouts and crosses his arms stubbornly. It makes me smile.

"My turn." I jumped up from my seat and ran across. Giving him a smut book would only give him satisfaction. So i decided to torment him. . . With children books.

I pick up a book and ran back to him. I gave him the book and he gave me the stink face.

"Peter pan? Really?" He scowled.

I laughed out loud. "You made the rules, you read the book i pick. So turn to page. . . 30 and read the middle paragraph."

He turned the pages muttering and reached page 30. He smiled.

"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." And the feeling of sneaking in your bedroom window after one kiss turned to ten, when you swore you were flying. And your feet didn't hit the ground until morning"

He looked at me. My heart swelled i knew what those eyes meant. I smiled and looked down unable to meet his eyes.

He handed me another book. It was 'House of hades' by rick riordan. Ive read this book before and I'm positive he might have chosen the page already.

I looked up to those piercing hazel eyes and found them looking back at me. "Page 234" he smiled proudly and leaned back.

I narrowed my eyes and flipped to the page and read the passage. I involuntarily smiled and brought the book to my face. His chuckle boomed in the library.

"Read it comeon" he ushered.

"My friend is dying Can you cure him or not?" Her voice caught on the word friend. Percy was a lot more than that. Even boyfriend didnt cover it. They'd been through so much together, at this point percy was part of her' i looked at him 'a sometimes annoying part ,sure, but a part whom she couldnt live without".

I sighed. He was smiling, i was smiling too. The library gods were with us today.

I picked another book for him. It was Relentless by Karen lynch.

He read. "Sometimes i think of us as damaged bookends. We both had our flaws, but we belonged together. Even if there was something that was keeping us apart" the last sentence brought a shadow to his face. But he quickly shoved it away and picked my next book.