Bloom

It was a whole week of bliss. Sneaking into her room at night kind of became a routine for me even though she would kick me out at 11.

We never crossed the line. Sure there was some heavy kissing and touching but that was it. I want to touch her. But i need her to want that too.

Her stitches were removed. And it was her exam week. Which means crazy aarti. You dont mess with aarti during exams.

She was like a robot, mopping up all that was in the books in record time. All i could do was watch and make her laugh by doing silly faces.

Her friend jiya went to australia yesterday. We both went to the airport to escort her. And boy oh boy was that eventful.

Girls will cry for every simple thing. Jiya would come back in less than a month but that was more than enough for them to bring out the waterworks. It was hard for me not to laugh.

Now she was free. No studying, No bff around. All mine.

So we decided to go on our library date today.

I was a ball of twisted nerves thinking about it. Everything has to go perfectly. God this feeling was new to me. This excitement, the rush of hormones, the need.

It made my head spin. Literally.

The whole room tilted and i lost my balance. I was sweating all over, like i just got out of the shower. I barely made it to the bathroom when my whole body turned to mush. I slid down the bathroom wall and sat on the floor.

My stomach churned, bile rose in my mouth and i vomited into the floor. My whole body felt like it was run over by a truck. I couldn't even lift my head.

What was happening to me? I haven't even touched alcohol or drugs for a week now.

Was that it? Was i having withdrawal symptoms? Crap.

I needed help, my insides were on fire. I raised my arm and twisted the knob for the shower. I let the cool water wash over me. I even swallowed some of it and i was feeling a little better, but not completely.

I grabbed for my phone in my pocket and called the only one person whom ill allow to see me like this.

The ringing stopped "hey you" Aarti's voice came from the phone.

"I need your help" i choked out.

__________________________

I heard footsteps stomping upto my room, my door swung open and i heard her voice.

"Karthik. . . Baby what's wrong?" She came into the bathroom and stopped.

I was on the bathroom floor sitting with head in my hands drenched in water and sitting on vomit.

"I didnt know who else to call." I choked out.

Aarti didnt say a word but reached for the shower head and washed away the vomit from the floor. She even grabbed some soap and cleaned my face. She grabbed a towel and dried my hair and face and pulled me up.

Dark spots formed in my eyes as i began to collapse again. She put my arm around her shoulder and led me to the bedroom.

She ripped of my wet clothes. I was left in my boxers. She wasnt even that brave to change that for me but she pulled out a fresh pair from the cupboard and turned around for me to change.

I changed the wet boxers for a dry one and pulled on my pants. Then i fell back to the bed.

Aarti climbed beside me and stroked my hair. She planted a kiss on my forehead.