Heartbeat

We were lying in the bed tangled in each others arms as the first ray of sun passed through the window and hit my face.

My head was on his chest, falling and rising with the rhythm of his breathing. One of his arms was curled around my waist and the other was under his head.

We were up all night.

Talking.

We both had a lot of talking to do. Why he did the stuff he did, why he behave the way to me. And as surprising as it was it didnt make my feelings for him any lesser.

Guilt was a powerful feeling. It can drive us insane if it wants to. And because karthik chose to distract himself his sanity is intact.

To see his face this close to mine. We were practically sharing air. The sunlight highlighted his face. The cut of his jaw, his perfect face and those lips.

Ughh those lips.

The feel of those against mine was the best thing ive ever experienced in my life. Its not my first kiss with him. We've kissed when we were kids. But we can hardly call it a kiss, it was more of a peck.

But last night was no child's play. It was his lips and mine, his tongue and mind colliding with each other in the most beautiful way. When his lips left mine and followed the path of my jaw to my neck, i never wanted it to stop but we did.

We weren't ready for that step. Yet.

As i was admiring the piece of art next to me i heard footsteps coming up the stairs.

Shit! Dad.

"Crap crap crap crap" i shook myself away from karthik's grasp, jumped out the bed and locked the door.
I dont usually lock the door to my room at night i just close it. Dad mustve been checking on me because if the injury.

I shook karthik so violently he jumped awake grabbing a pillow as weapon.

"What what?" He asked

"Sh...." i put a finger on his lip.

"Dad is coming upstairs you need to leave now" i whispered at the same time my door handle jiggled.

"Oh crap" karthik jumped up from the bed and ran towards the window.

He climbed halfway out but stopped
"Wait. What about us?"

"You really need to have this talk right Now?" I snapped.

"Aartii" dad's voice came from the other side of the door.

"Coming dad" i yelled.

"Karthik it is not good time to discuss relationship status when you're girlfriends dad is banging at the door" i pushed him out.

He paused. A small grin on his face."girlfriend?"

A smile pulled at my face "Girlfriend."

_________________________________

"Karthik? The karthik?" Jiya was a jumpy ball of energy when i told her the news.

"Yup. One and only" i blushed.

"Oh my baby youre red as a tomato." Jiya hugged me and made me jump up and down with her.

We were on the couch in my house. Jiya decided to visit her injured friend with chocolates and fruits and was eating them herself.

In less than a week our final exams was upon us and because of my injury i needed some help with the notes. But the moment dad left for work the news burst of my lips.