48| Pie With Toriel

Ruby's POV ⚡️

Shrugging it off, I just looked around the house a bit more, before deciding to check and see if Toriel needed help with anything in the kitchen.

Especially since she's making cinnamon-butterscotch pie for me.

As I stepped in the kitchen, Toriel noticed before turning to look at me.

"Is there something you need, Ruby?" She asked.

"Just wondering if you needed help with anything." I replied, which made her smile and chuckle lightly at that.

"If you want to, you can." Toriel says giving me a head pat, which made me smile at that feeling in response.

Then Toriel grabbed a stool from the shelf and setted it down on the floor, for me to stand, so I'd be able to see and reach the counter.

Looking at Toriel, I caught her smiling at me before I went to work in helping her out with the pie.

During the process, I spotted her sneaking a little bit of sugar in the pie, which made me smirk at that.

"I saw that, Toriel." I said before laughing lightly.

"My pie, my rules..." She giggled.

"I know." I went as I chuckled again.

After we were finished making the pie, Toriel stuck it in the oven and went to go see Ryobo, while I watched the pie for her, making sure it doesn't get burnt.

Toriel's POV 🥧

As I went in my room where Ryobo and Euna were, I asked Ryobo how things were going with him and Euna earlier, while I was making pie with Ruby.

"Fine, so far...But, Euna's still knocked out. So, I'm just sitting in here and drawing in my art diary for the time being, until she gains consciousness." Ryobo answered as he turned to face me a little.

"I see..." I replied as I looked over at Euna for a moment, before looking back at Ryobo.

"Yeah...She's just lying there. I did see her twitch a little, every once in a while, but, I didn't bother her." He mentioned.

Then silence filled the air for a few minutes until Ryobo spoke up.

"So, what do think we should do with Euna, when she wakes up?" Ryobo asked.

"Hmm..." I went, obviously thinking. "I suppose we could put her and Ruby in the room that's under regulations. I'm mostly just gonna make some changes for the room so the girls would have a room to be in."

"Sounds like a plan..." He replied before nodding his head in agreement.

I smiled as I nodded in response to that as well, before hugging him.

"Hehe...You're so cute." I say, making Ryobo blush lightly a little as he was hugging me back.

"You are too! Even Alphys admitted the fact you were cute when I was with her and Undyne." He says before burying his face into my shoulder.

I chuckled a little in response to that, before giving him a head pat.

"Also, you're even the kind of person I would want to hug forever because of the cuteness and how down to earth you are." I heard Ryobo say next, as he tightened the hug a little.

"Aww...You're such a sweetheart." I gushed in adore before kissing him on the forehead.

"Mm-hm..." Ryobo went as he smiled shyly.

"Alright, I'm gonna head on back to the kitchen and check on the pie Ruby was watching for me..." I said before giving him a head pat again.

"Okay!" I heard Ryobo reply before I left.

Then I went back in the kitchen as I saw Ruby taking the pie out of the oven as she wore the mittens to keep herself from getting burned.

"There." She went as she setted them down on the counter until she turned around and noticed me.

Ruby's POV ⚡️

"Oh! Mrs.Toriel! The pies were done cooking while you were gone, so, I took them out of the oven and setted them down on the counter for you, so they'd cool down." I explained.

"Thank you. I was a bit worried for a moment that you might've gotten distracted and nearly burned them." She replied before chuckling a bit.

"Nah. I was just reading my favorite horror novel while I was watching over the pies for you. That was all." I simply said before showing the title of the book to her.

"Hmm... 'The Mad Scientist' huh?" Toriel went as she had her reading glasses out, while reading the title. "Interesting. What's the story about?"

"It's about this female mad scientist whose personality is similar to Euna's. She was always doing bad things to others since she was a child until karma got her back one day, when one of her science experiments suddenly failed really badly." I summarized after Toriel returned the book to me.

"It gets pretty dark and terrifying when you go further into the chapters."

"Goodness! How can you handle such things like that from a horror novel for someone like you?" Toriel went, feeling surprised and shocked at the same time, judging by the look on her face.

"I'm 19. I've read and seen stuff worse than that since I was either around 11 or 12." I answer before chuckling a bit.

"Now you remind me so much of Chara and Undyne.

Undyne's pretty much a wild child and a daredevil like you and Itachi. But, Chara is pretty much immune to horror movies or books. They don't really scare her at all. A flinch once in a while is all you'd get from her. Not a single squeal of fear...Nothing.

As for Ryobo and Itachi...They both remind me of Sans and Papyrus." She mentions.

"The skeleton brothers? Yeah, they both remind me of Ryobo and Itachi too." I say before smiling.

"Like Papyrus, Itachi's pretty confident but the only difference is that he's more of a prankster. Ryobo on the other hand, is a sweetheart but he can be serious or shy."

"That's actually cute now that I imagine Ryobo being shy." Toriel giggled.

"Yup! That's him for ya!" I laughed a little before the cinnamon-butterscotch pie was served, seeing that it was cool enough for the both of us to eat.

For a little while, we ate in silence until Toriel suddenly spoke up and mentioned a bit more info about Chara.

Curious about Chara that Toriel was mentioning, I listened, wanting to know more so I'd get a better understanding who Chara is.

Afterwards, it made all sense.