28| Hybrids And Exchanging Backstories

Toriel's POV 🥧

"No one doesn't even know the child's name. But, the news of Frisk and her monster husband's death later on, when the child was only 10 years old is what hit me hard to the core..." I continued, while tears were in my eyes.

"But, the child was taken in from your kind and raised very well, so I was happy when I heard that. Especially when the child grew up and got married too..."

After I said that, Ryobo had a look in his eyes that I've never seen before.

"Tori..." He began as a shadow fell over his eyes before tears fell from his cheeks.

"That hybrid child you mentioned and talked about....was my grandmother."

As soon as I heard that, my face turned into shock.

"Your...grandmother?! Then - - " I began.

"That's right...My brother and I are her grandchildren. Our mother is my grandmother's child." Ryobo answered as he looked at me.

"Me and Itachi are like our parents, personality wise sometimes...but, we're mostly like Frisk and are in her shoes right now, because she mentioned you to my grandmother before her passing one day."

"But, how?! This doesn't make any sense!" I say as I shook my head in disbelief.

"It won't at first, but, it'll make sense when explained." Ryobo went as he still looked at me.

"After Frisk told you she had places to go, and you two parted ways, Frisk actually went her ways and met someone she knew from the Underground.

Seeing that monster was an orphan too, Frisk took him in and lived in your house at the ruins with him...When they grew up, and were in their teens, that's when everything changed.

Frisk was taken in by a family, while the monster was taken in by another family. And during the time they were growing up together as they were raised by their adoptive families, that's when they started to fall in love while they were in high school and college.

And when they were adults and had a job, they got married, which resulted in the events you heard later." He explained.

"The hybrid child Frisk gave birth to, looked a lot like you but had the father's eyes. She was named after you too. Her life was normal before Frisk and the husband's death, even when she was taken in by an adoptive family.

But, just like how Frisk was in her teens, she fell in love...Only she married a male wolf mobian, while resulted the birth of my mother, and leading up to now."

"Doesn't that make you related to monsters by blood?" I asked.

"Yeah. Kinda does, but, we're still not related." Ryobo sighed before he munched on the fries and the hot dog.

"I didn't know you and Itachi were connected to Frisk..." I say, still in shock.

"Yeah...But, it's fine. I always felt like I didn't belong at the Surface the whole entire time I was a young pup, to be honest, until me and Itachi fell here and met you." He went as he smiled a bit.

"Did Itachi feel like that too? The feeling like he didn't belong at the Surface too?" I asked, curious.

"He's half and half. Part of him feels like he doesn't belong at the Surface but belongs at the Underground and the other part of him is the opposite." Ryobo says as he scratched the back of his head a little.

"But, if he chooses to stay here or come back to the Surface, that's completely up to him, since you and I don't make the decisions for him."

I nodded in understanding and agreement at that commentary, since Ryobo and Itachi are at the age to be making their own choices and decisions anyways.

"If you ask me though, I most likely would choose to stay here in the Underground and live here instead. I'm already used to and am pretty comfortable here in the Underground anyways." Ryobo mentions as he wagged his tail happily a little.

I smiled at that, as I already started to feel better, the entire time we were talking to each other.

Ryobo's POV ❄️

"Y'know...After the barrier was broken, back when Frisk was a child and still alive, I went to the surface along with the others and lived there for a few years.

But, after a while, I started to feel like I didn't belong at the Surface either. So, I decided to move back into the ruins and lived there instead.

I mostly felt comfortable and used to living in the ruins all these years, which was another reason why I went back. Undyne, Alphys, Sans and Papyrus are kinda like that, but...they would come here to visit or to check on me every once in a while, before heading back to the surface." Toriel says while she sighed.

"Yeah. I understand that..." I went as I looked at her before resting my head on her uninjured arm, getting a light head pat in return.

After the two of us finished eating, since we were at Grillby's for a bit too long, we got up and left as Toriel left our tip on the table for the waiter.

"So, what should we do now?" I asked as I looked at Toriel.

"I dunno. Think we should head back to the cabin though. It's getting dark and pretty cold soon anyways." She replied as I could see her breath that was letted out in the cold air.

"I think so too." I went in agreement before that's where we headed off to next.

While we were walking, I huddled in close to Toriel for warmth until we made it to the cabin.

Then I changed into my lounge clothes in the bathroom, before coming out and sitting next to Toriel on the bed.

"If I have to be honest with you, I think you're one of those people that look young but are actually really slow at aging, and only age every 10 years. Or something like that.

It's literally what I think is the main reason why you and the others are still alive and walking around here in the Underground..." I mentioned.

"I bet that's happening the same to me and Itachi too, even though we haven't awakened the monster blood in us."

"I think you did." Toriel replied.

"How?!?!" I asked in shock.

"From the moment you fell here and met me..."