17| Horrortale Toriel's Death (?)

AN: Part 2 of the chapter "Nightmare"...
———————————————————————
~Ryobo's Dream~

I kept running as I panted, while I held onto the poison-filled syringe, before I made it to Toriel's house.

"What's going on?! I thought the concoction that Alphys made was supposed to work and neutralize the unknown substance for the time being! Wasn't Toriel given enough of the concoction or something?!?!" I thought to myself as I stopped at the front of the door, while trying to catch my breath as I panted, before running inside the house and closing the door behind me.

I quickly barricaded the door to buy me some more time, when Toriel's horrortale self shows up, as I quickly grabbed my katana and had it attached to my hip.

"No. There's just no way...I have to hurry and find some clues about what's going on, before Horrortale Toriel gets here!" I continued thinking as I started searching around. "Maybe the Toriel that I know and met is still alive and around here somewhere...She might be hiding, if so."

I even called out her name while I was searching around for her, going from the kitchen, the stairs that leads you to the door to the monster world on the other side and the living room.

Seeing that I wasn't getting a response, I sighed before heading upstairs and suddenly finding something.

There was blood streaks on the floor, indicating that a body was dragged, leading to Toriel's bedroom.

"Oh god, please don't let it be what I think it is..." I thought to myself as I hurried down to Toriel's room before slamming the door open.

I gasped in shock as tears ran down to the sides of my face.

Lying on the floor was the Toriel that I knew. But, she wasn't moving.

"TORI!" I screamed tearfully, before running over to her, as I held her close to my chest while she's in my arms.

For a moment, there was no response from her, until I heard her groan in pain.

"R-Ryobo? Is that...you?" I heard her say weakly as I looked at her, when she opened her eyes before she coughed up blood.

"I'm here, mom....I'm literally here." I said tearfully. "What happened to you?!"

"I'm not gonna...have much time...to explain it...all, seeing that...I'm gonna die soon, but...I'll try to...summarize it...the best I...can..." She responded, before telling me what happened.

"So, the horrortale you actually came here from the universe she's from and brutally attacked you for no reason when she saw you?!" I asked, horrified.

"Yes. I-I don't know...why...but, she did it...anyways." Toriel replied, while she looked at me.

"I bet it has something to do with you. She's your horrortale doppelgänger, so, there must be a dark reason behind this. Maybe it was completely out of jealousy and hatred?" I said, thinking aloud.

"I guess so..." She went. "...I'm not like Alphys...but, I think...the only way...to stop my...horrortale self from...killing you...and to send...her back to...the universe that...she came from...is if you....kill her first..."

I could only nod in understanding as I hugged her, being gentle because of how badly hurt Toriel is.

"Mom? Just so you know before you pass away, I just wanted to say...I love you." I said as I sniffed.

"I love you...too, Ryobo..." Toriel replied as tears ran down to the sides on her face as she smiled. "I'm so happy...that you and...your brother are my...foster kids."

After she said that, she slowly closed her eyes and had drawn out her last breath, as Toriel no longer moved anymore.

"MOTHER!" I went before I started crying over the loss of her, even though I know everything that's happening to me right now is only a horrible dream.

It's just that the dream feels too real to be waking up from.

Standing up as I sniffed, I laid a couple of flowers in Toriel's hands after she died, before I left the room as soon as I heard the front door get smashed open and the things I blocked the door with, being knocked over.

"Where are you, my child~?" I heard Toriel's horrortale self say as she stepped in the house.

I peeked out a tiny bit from the corner upstairs, and spotted her looking left and right for a few minutes before she started to walk in the kitchen, searching for me.

While I was waiting on her, I went into Itachi's room quietly, before I started thinking up a plan on how am I gonna kill her without getting killed, as I looked and searched around for something useful I can use.

For a few seconds, I wasn't finding anything until I came across those bang snap things that you'd get at a firework store or something.

"These might actually help divert her attention away from me. Plus, these can hide my scent and the black smoke bombs can help keep me covered for a few minutes!" I thought to myself before I suddenly started to get an idea.

- - -

After I had everything ready quickly, I took in a deep breath before I pulled out a bang snap.

"Here goes!" I thought to myself before throwing it towards the living room.

As soon as it hit the floor and made the sound, Horrortale Toriel suddenly hurried in the room as soon as she heard the sound.

"The hell was that?" I heard her say, as she held the bloodstained knife in her hand.

I threw another one again, making her head towards the front door to investigate, buying me enough time to silently sneak down the stairs quickly before hiding behind the couch.

"Damn' brat...Where the hell are you, so, I can kill you!"

Right on cue when she said that, I hurled a stink bomb at her, making her cover her nose in disgust, before throwing a smoke bomb at her next.

Once black smoke quickly filled the house, making her blind, I immediately came at her and tackled her before inserting the syringe into her neck and injecting the poison in her, until I pulled the syringe out.

Hearing her collapse to the floor, I finished her off by impaling her, as my katana's blade went through her chest.

When the smoke cleared up, she was lying down on the floor, dead, as she had already coughed up blood.