5| Unexpected Turn Of Event

Ryobo's POV ❄️

I was outside with Toriel, holding hands with her, as we were walking together in a garden that had a pretty field full of yellow, purple, and white flowers.

It felt so soft on our feet. Like a pillow or something else more similar to that feeling as we were both wearing our causal clothes.

While we were walking, a warm gentle breeze suddenly blew in our faces, making me feel relaxed, happy, and safe.

"Here we are, child." She says, showing me a picnic for the both of us, before we sat down as everything was feeling calm and perfect, while we started having our picnic together.

"Is this how Toriel feels about me and my brother being her foster kids?" I thought to myself, as I looked at her, while eating my favorite picnic food.

To be honest, it felt like I was a little kid again, because I always loved having picnics on nice days with our mother before he passed.

Unfortunately, after me and Toriel talked to each other for a while, about the things we like, that was where things suddenly got weird.

Toriel winced in pain out of nowhere while me and her were in mid-conversation about what we liked to do in our spare times, making me feel concerned immediately.

"Tori? Are you okay?" I asked, feeling worried as she had her hand over the spot where she was in pain.

"I-I'll be fine..." She replied as she looked at me, trying to reassure that everything's okay, by giving me a slight smile.

I wasn't phased by the smile she gave me.

That smile was filled with pain.

"Tori..." I began, feeling worried.

"I said I'll be fine, my child." Toriel went, her voice immediately changed in a different tone that I've never heard of before.

She sounded annoyed and frustrated.

I immediately shut my mouth after hearing that tone in her voice.

Toriel was never like this, nor does she get frustrated easily...Was she?

Then I just putted everything away for her in the picnic basket, blanket included, as we headed back to the house and went in the living room, before Toriel went over to the phone, her hands shaking a little.

I started to become really worried sick about her just when she suddenly collapsed to her knees out of nowhere.

"Tori! Are you okay?!?!" I asked, hurrying over to her quickly before helping her up and sitting her down on the couch.

She must be in really bad pain right now for her to collapse like that.

"Could you get the phone for me, please?" Toriel asked, not answering my question.

I could only nod, before grabbing the phone and handing it to her.

"Thank you." She says as she took the phone and started trying to dial someone's number in, while her hands were still shaking in pain.

Luckily, she managed to put the phone number in without making any mistakes, before someone answered the phone on their end.

"Hello?" I heard the caller on the other end answer.

"Hey, Undyne..." Toriel began.

For a few minutes, the caller, Undyne, sounded a little surprised before asking some off topic questions to Toriel, which she calmly answered them to my surprise.

"Listen, Undyne, I have something to ask you that I want you to do for me." She began, sounding a bit serious.

"Yes?"

"I want you to - " She began before trailing off as she suddenly slumped over and passed out on the couch, resulting in the phone falling from her hand and to the floor.

"Toriel? Are you there?! Is everything okay?!?!" I heard Undyne say through the phone, their voice suddenly sounding really worried.

Seems like they must've heard the phone hit the floor on mine and Tori's end.

Still really worried and not knowing what I should do, I immediately picked the phone up without thinking.

"Hello?" I began.

"!? Who is this?! What did you do with Toriel?!?!" I heard Undyne say, their voice sounding like a female's, but in a demanding tone.

I'm guessing Undyne's a girl and someone Toriel knows or is probably friends with.

Quick and summarized, I told Undyne who I am, the story of how me and my brother ended up here and met Toriel, and what just currently happened to her.

"I see...I'll contact the hospital right away. Better not do anything bad to Toriel when I come over, or I'll kick your grooty, you punk." Undyne said, her voice sounding really serious and a bit threatening.

"I won't!" I said, while I sweat dropped a little.

"Good." She said before we hung up.

After that, I just checked over Toriel to see if she's okay by doing a pulse check.

"She's still got a pulse, and she's breathing okay. Just pretty slowly. Something might be wrong with her lungs...But, it could just be something else though." I thought as I looked at her, after going in and coming back out of the kitchen, before placing a wet cloth on her forehead.

"Do they really have a hospital here in the Underground too? Because it doesn't look like it." I asked myself aloud a bit, feeling confused.

For a while, I didn't hear anyone or anything as I just held Toriel's hand, letting her know that I was still close to her while she was passed out, until I heard a knock at the door.

"Undyne's probably at the door. I'll be back in a sec...Okay, Tori?" I said, knowing she probably couldn't hear me, as I letted go of her hand before getting up and heading to the door.

As I opened the door, there stood a sea-looking monster, despite her having fish features on her face and ears.

She had an eye patch over one of her yellow eyes and had her red hair fixed up in a long ponytail as she was wearing her casual clothes, which was a black tank top, blue jeans, and red boots.

As for her teeth, I wasn't surprised that they were yellow.

For someone like her, she looks like a pirate with blue skin, casual clothes, and without the hook or a peg leg.

"Where's Toriel?" She asks before I pointed at the couch, showing her, as I was letting her in.

"So, you must be Undyne. Right?" I asked as I followed her once I closed the door.

"Uh-huh." The red-haired female replied.