31| Dark Changes

Toriel's POV 🥧

As I stood up, slowly, Euna raised a brow as she was still amused.

"Y-You may keep beating me up..." I began, propping myself up against the side of the abandoned building. "But, I won't back down until I get Ryobo back and defeat you with the others...Together."

"You think you can stop me with your so-called pathetic 'friends' of yours? Look around you right now, Toriel, sweetie...Do you even see any of them next to you right now to help you out or coming to your aid to protect you?" Euna asked as she chuckled.

Euna was right about that one, but, I know them too well. They wouldn't leave me out in the open and ditch me like this, so, I'd be left alone to die....Would they?

"I see you're already having a small doubt about them in you." I heard Euna say next, making me twitch a little at that. "How pitiful of you...I thought you were a loyal friend of theirs without any doubts about them."

"I-I didn't say I was a loyal friend without any doubts..." I began before getting cut off by a sudden attack from Euna, which was spiky chains with a sharp blade attached at the end of the it.

Almost like roses with their thorns.

Looking back at Ryobo, before I was attacked again, he just had the look in his eyes like he was being manipulated as a puppet.

Lifeless and empty.

My words wouldn't even phase him if I tried to get him through and redeem himself from the manipulation Euna had casted on and done to him.

As Euna kept attacking me, I tried the best I could to fight back and defend myself from her painful blows.

Eventually, I just gave up, because of how exhausted my body had become, during the fight. I didn't even have any strength in me to defend myself or any capability to fight back, despite how much pain I was physically in.

My arms and legs were too weak to be moved or lifted.

After it felt like a few minutes, I was delivered with a last blow, which was so strong that I almost passed out after slamming into another building.

"Are......Are you....done...now...?" I panted out in pain, as I rested my hand on my chest, feeling soreness creeping in there.

"Hmm...Maybe." Euna says as she smirked. "I might either leave you a parting gift just for you or I'll make a deal with you."

I could only look at her numbly as I listened.

"Here's the deal if I choose it..." Euna began. "Be with me, and I'll let the young wolf go. But, if I choose to leave you a little parting gift from me instead, then..."

She chuckled a bit at the thought of what she was thinking.

I just remained sitting on the ground with my back against the building wall, while I continued to look at Euna, waiting to hear what her decision is on what she wants to do with me.

After a few seconds, I could easily tell Euna already made her decision.

"Since I decided to choose the deal, do you accept the deal, or decline it?" She asked me.

"D....." I went, trying to get my words out as I was coughing up blood a little.

"What was that?" Euna asked.

"D....Deal....." I said, as I looked at her straight in the eyes.

"Goodie! As promised..." She went before snapping her fingers, reverting Ryobo back to normal, as he just face planted into the snowy ground.

Looking at Ryobo, I crawled over to him weakly before pulling him into a hug, as my body was shaking in pain.

"Nnh...Tori?" I heard him groan a little before looking at me, after opening his eyes.

"Ryobo...You're...okay..." I weakly said as tears fell from my eyes.

"Wait...Tori?! What the hell happened to you?! You're badly wounded all over the place and severely injured!" Ryobo asked me as his eyes widened in shock but were filled with worry.

"That...doesn't...matter...What matters...is...
that...you're...safe...now..." I replied before smiling weakly at him.

That was the last thing I was able to say to Ryobo before passing out in his arms.

Ryobo's POV ❄️

As soon as Toriel passed out in my arms, I shook her a little, trying to wake her up.

"Tori? Tori!!" I went as I did that.

No response.

She was completely knocked out.

"Oh dear, looks like your time is up, Toriel..." The female monster Euna, who manipulated me, said before she grabbed Toriel's unconscious body and took her away from me.

I tried to stop Euna from escaping with and doing the same thing to Toriel that she did to me, but, I was too late...

The only thing I could yell out was Toriel's name as tears fell from my eyes.

By the time the others had shown up, Euna was already long gone with Toriel, while I was sitting on my knees in the snowy ground, staring at the spot where I last saw them.

Toriel's POV 🥧

For a long time, I remained passed out from my injuries. But, when I finally did wake up, I was lying in a hospital bed and chained to it by these neon pink colored chains.

Those neon pink chains mostly just felt like normal chains, because I couldn't break them.

Staring at the solid white ceiling, I could only lay on the bed anyways, seeing that I don't have a choice in getting up and walking around to have a look at my surroundings.

Looking over at myself, I noticed I was changed out of my previous clothes and am currently wearing the hospital clothes that the patients wear.

Sighing, I just closed my eyes and fell asleep since I was bored.

It wasn't until a few hours later when I woke up again, seeing Euna in the room, while looking at and observing something.

I could only let out a shaky breath before a small cough, as I was still in a lot of pain and badly hurt.

"Oh! Toriel, sweetie! You're finally awake!" Euna says as she looked over at my direction and noticed I was conscious.

I just looked at her, before rolling my eyes in disgust over the fact she keeps saying "Toriel, sweetie!" like she's my mother who birthed me.