25| CPR, Treating An Injury, And Art Diaries

Ryobo's POV ❄️

Right after Toriel reached out to me as she lost consciousness, I grabbed her hand and pulled her really close to my chest as I swam back up to the surface with her, quickly as possible, before I gasped for air and dragged the two of us to land.

As soon as I got Toriel to land as well, I immediately began to do CPR on her, to get the water out of her lungs.

"C'mon Tori! Breathe!" I said as I continued the CPR.

Seeing I wasn't getting any response from her, there was only one CPR option, other than the one I'm doing, that I've got to do.

Mouth-to-mouth CPR.

This is the first time I'm actually going to do this CPR technique on someone, since I've never done it, and mostly did the normal CPR that others have done.

Part of it is because it looked like you were kissing them.

Without any hesitation, I started to do mouth-to-mouth CPR on Toriel.

For a few minutes, I wasn't getting anything from her, until Toriel suddenly snapped her eyes open and quickly sat up before she started coughing water out, as I got off of her and moved out of the way.

She continued coughing for a little bit, but, she eventually stopped.

"Are you okay? You nearly scared me half to death!" I asked, worried about her, before I grabbed my hoodie and putted it back on, along with my boots and lensless glasses.

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm fine..." Toriel says as she coughed a little.

I noticed the arm she was clutching in pain earlier, was bleeding, showing something that looked like an icicle.

"Tori, this'll hurt, but it won't once I get it out..." I went as I rested one hand on her arm while the other was on the object that looks like an icicle.

"What are you - - " Toriel went before screaming in pain, as I was slowly pulling the object out of her arm, that injured her.

"OW! It hurts!" She cried out, which I didn't blame her for being in massive pain.

After a few minutes of Toriel screaming in pain, I completely got the object out of her arm.

The object that I pulled out, was medium sized, but it was completely made out of metal.

Not wanting to know what it is, I tossed the metal object away from us, before I pulled out a portable, mini first aid kit from my pants pocket.

Good thing the bandages and the other medical stuff in the kit were dry.

Getting out the pain free medicine that cleans your injuries after spraying it, I had Toriel move her kimono sleeve away from the injury before I started treating it.

Seconds later, her arm was treated and bandaged up.

From how her injury looked earlier, it was deep but it won't leave a scar on her.

"Thank you." Toriel says as she letted her kimono sleeve fall over the bandages.

"You're welcome." I said as I hugged her lightly.

Toriel hugged back in response, as she buried her face in my shoulder.

We were sitting there, hugging each other for a bit, until I noticed Toriel was shivering a little.

"Oh, you're cold!" I went before grabbing my cloak and wrapping it around her.

"I didn't notice, but, thanks again." She replied before keeping herself wrapped up in my cloak, to warm up.

"We should head back to the cabin before we get hypothermia." I said as I was putting my gloves back on.

"Y-Yeah." Toriel went as she nodded in agreement before the both of us stood up and headed back to the cabin, as I kept her close to me.

"Tori?"

"What is it?"

"When we're back inside the cabin and have fully warmed ourselves up, would you mind telling me what upset you earlier?" I asked.

Toriel was silent for a bit, before nodding, as she said "Sure..."

"That's the spirit, Tori." I said as I smiled before ruffling her head a little.

Toriel smiled back a tiny bit, before we focused back on heading our way back to the cabin we were staying in.

Toriel's POV 🥧

After we returned to the cabin and warmed ourselves up, Ryobo went in the bathroom and changed into a new pair of clothes, while I did the same in the bedroom, putting on my usual outfit that I wear a lot.

When Ryobo stepped out of the bathroom, he left to hang his clothes and my kimono up in the laundry room, so they'll be warm and dry later.

Then he came back and sat next to me on the bed.

"So, what was upsetting you earlier?" He asked as he looked at me. "I saw you run out of the room, in tears, when I was startled awake from the loud noise that was made."

I went silent again before I asked him where his sketchbook is.

Ryobo took it out from his bag and showed it to me before handing the sketchbook to me.

Flipping the pages over, I showed him the artwork of Horrortale me that he did, along with the words that were written in bold, from how afraid he was.

"Tori..." Ryobo went as he sighed before closing the sketchbook and setting it aside.

"As you might've already figured it out, while I was taking a light nap and you were looking through it, the sketchbook is an art diary."

"So, I was right..." I thought to myself.

"But, when I drew Horrortale you, it had nothing to do with you at all. Yes, I was afraid of her, but I chose to draw her in it.

Whatever it was you were thinking earlier after seeing the drawing, just know I wasn't thinking anything horrible about you. I'm not afraid of you either, and I don't see you as someone who would want to kill an innocent child out of cold-blood."

"But - " I began before Ryobo shushed me.

"But, nothing! You're not a bad monster. And I don't see you as a bad monster. You were only being forced to hurt me and Itachi at that time.

I know you were still in there, trying to stop your horrortale self from taking full possession of your body.

That's why me and Itachi never had any intention on hurting you, and why Undyne just knocked you out instead, when horrortale you attacked her." Ryobo continued.