6| Undyne

Ryobo's POV ❄️

"Well, uh...Nice to meet you in person, I guess?" I went, which made the conversation sound and feel really awkward while I felt a little bit intimidated by Undyne.

"Nice to meet you too." She replied as she sat down on a chair, while I sat next to her on a different chair.

As I got a better look at Undyne's face for a second, I noticed there was a scar over her eye, which explained why she had an eyepatch on.

Must've gotten it from a fight or something in her past.

"So, Toriel winced in pain while you two were having an ordinary picnic for lunch before she passed out on the couch after you helped her head back in the house and gave her the phone?" Undyne asked as she looked at me.

I could only nod.

"I don't even know what's wrong with her. All I know right now is that she still has her pulse and she's breathing." I said as I looked at Undyne.

For a moment, I could've sworn I saw her sigh in relief.

"I'm glad. Hopefully the doctors will be able to figure out and tell us what's wrong with her..." She mentions before taking a drink of water. "Toriel's like an older sister to me."

"I hope so too. I don't wanna lose her after me and my brother just met her and became adopted after we lost our parents earlier." I said as my ears flattened, while tears appeared in my eyes a little.

"Hey, it'll be alright." Undyne went before patting me by the back. "I'm sure she'll pull through this, especially since she's pretty ancient by age."

My eyes widened as soon as I heard her age from Undyne.

"I thought Tori was in her 20's or her 30's?!" I said as I looked at Undyne while my ears stood up in shock.

"Nah. She may look younger, but she's not." Undyne replied before chuckling over my reaction as she ruffled my head fur.

"Just like how you're like a little brother to me and a friend of mine that I know."

"Now, you're starting to sound like an older sister to me." I giggled after my head fur was being ruffled.

Undyne smiled at me after I said that as she booped me by the nose.

Seems like she's one of those kind of monsters that are actually tough on the outside but are soft on the inside when it comes to their friends or loved ones.

Unfortunately, my smile went away as I looked over at Toriel's unconscious figure, easily remembering what happened to her again, before Undyne was contacted and had shown up.

"I still can't stop worrying about Tori..." I answered when Undyne asked me what's wrong.

"It's already bad enough I remembered that when you get older, you're gonna be dealing with a lot of medical problems that happen unexpectedly. Same thing with elderly folks."

"Well, sadly, that is true. It happens here with the elderly monsters as well. Such a shame Toriel's going down that road soon." Undyne sighed as she looked at me.

"I don't want her to go when me and my little brother are adults in the near future." I say as tears appeared in my eyes and ran down to the sides of my face as I sniffed before wiping them away with the sleeves of my hoodie.

"She's way too kind, understanding and down to earth for her to go down the same path that everyone goes down to in their lives."

"I'm pretty sure Alphys would've done something about that, but, the both of us knew for sure that's not what Toriel would've wanted." Undyne says as she hugged me.

"Yeah. I agree with you on that." I went before nodding. "Wait....Who's Alphys?"

"You'll find out when you meet her soon. She's like you. A big nerd." Undyne answered as she chuckled.

I laughed a little bit at that, knowing Undyne was probably referring to my lensless glasses, since they do make me look like a nerd.

After we talked and got to know more about each other as well for a while, the medics finally showed up at the house with the stretcher to take Toriel away to the ambulance and transport her to the hospital.

Of course, the medics were shocked and stunned when they saw me, before they just proceeded on with their job without saying a word to me.

"Do most monsters react like that when they see a human or a mobian like me?" I asked as I looked at Undyne, feeling confused, since I'm still learning about the Underground.

"Mm-hm." She replied while nodding. "The news about you and your brother showing up here in the Underground is definitely gonna spread around pretty fast, that's for sure."

I nod in understanding before me and Undyne watched the medics take Toriel away to the ambulance.

"I wonder what was Tori gonna tell you before she passed out. It sounded really urgent." I mentioned while thinking, as we followed the medics once my brother woke up and noticed what was going on, before telling us that he'll watch over the house for Toriel.

"I dunno, but, she sounded serious too. She usually never sounds so serious. Not even once until now. Same thing when getting mad or upset at someone." Undyne simply replied.

"It's pretty rare for her to get mad or upset at anyone...She's more of a jokester sometimes though. The only times she's actually serious is when it comes to fighting. Self-defense or attacking, she'd get serious either way."

"I didn't know that..." I commented, feeling a bit surprised, not expecting to hear that.

"Well, now you do. Sans and Asgore are the kind of monsters you definitely need to watch out for when battling them. Sans mostly, since he's overpowered as hell." She says as she gave me a light pat on the back.

"Trust me, I've seen how Sans fights. He's someone you don't wanna mess around with."

"I see." I say while scratching the back of my head.

"Yeah..." Undyne went before nodding as we got in the ambulance with the medics, since I wanted to tag along with them, as I was still really worried about Toriel.

Then we headed off to the hospital, as I just looked over at Undyne, while she hugged me a bit to comfort me.