7| Recovery

Ryobo's POV ❄️

After we eventually arrived at the hospital, me and Undyne sat outside the emergency room while the doctors started to do their job.

Health screening, tests...You get what I mean.

"I'm surprised Toriel reminds you so much like your deceased mother. You must be really attached to her after meeting Toriel yesterday." Undyne mentions as she spoke up.

"Yeah, that's true about me. She's a good foster mother to me and my brother so far too, so, that's another reason why I'm really attached to her." I replied before nodding.

"I got a question for you, by the way..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you think Toriel's cute~?" Undyne asked me in a teasing manner.

"EHH?!?!" I went as my face immediately turned red in embarrassment. "Isn't that incest?! Plus, me and my brother just met her yesterday!"

"I was only joking." She giggled, while my face was turning even more redder as a tomato. "But, seriously, do you think Toriel's cute?"

"Well, y-yeah..." I answered as I hid my face in my hands, while the tips of my ears were red. "I-I think she's cute. Her looks perfectly matches her appearance and personality...

But, looks or appearances don't matter, it's the heart that does. Even if Tori looked different, I'd still accept her for who she is."

"You almost sound like you love her, dating wise." Undyne joked again, making my face turn redder.

"Undyne! Stop making jokes like that!" I screeched at her in embarrassment, as she started laughing hard at my reaction.

"I swear you sound like and have so much in common with Alphys. If you two had met each other right now, you would've been friends right off the bat. What's even funnier is that you two get embarrassed real easily!" Undyne chuckled as she looked at me.

"I bet so." I replied before sweat dropping a little as I smiled.

Right after I said that, the doctor suddenly stepped out before mentioning that we can come in the room now.

As I stepped in the room, I looked over at the medical bed, seeing Toriel lying there with her eyes closed, breathing air in through the nasal canal under her nostrils, while she had one hand resting on her chest as her other hand was on her abdomen.

Strange thing about the IVs she was hooked up to, was the color of the liquid inside the IV itself. It made me suspicious about what the doctors are actually doing to her, medically wise, since I know what color the liquid normally is in IVs.

While Undyne was asking the doctor some questions, which I'm pretty sure is related to what's going on with Toriel's health, I sat down and just held her hand.

"She'll be fine and able to leave since she'll be fully recovered later. I most likely recommend Mrs.Toriel getting some check ups to keep track of her health once in a while." The doctor says as she looked at her clipboard before looking back up at Undyne.

"Sounds good and I'm glad to hear that she's alright." I heard Undyne reply back before the doctor left as she went in the room and sat next to me.

"She'll be alright in a bit, Ryobo."

"I know. I heard you and the doctor talking to each other. I just didn't hear what was medically wrong with her." I replied.

"Her energy level was low and she was having a severe chest pain, which was making it hard and painful for her to breathe." Undyne explained to me.

"Oh. Well, that explains everything." I say as Undyne nodded in agreement.

For a while, Toriel was just laying there breathing, before she suddenly groaned a bit as she slowly opened her eyes and blinked once for a moment.

"Tori! Thank god you're okay!" I said as tears of relief appeared in my eyes a little, while I hugged her gently.

Toriel smiled as she looked at me, surprisingly not saying anything, while she hugged me back.

I gave her a confused look after parting the hug, not understanding why she's not talking.

"My...child..." was all Toriel could utter out while she squeezed my hand gently, after noticing the confused look I was giving her.

I squeezed her hand gently in return, as I asked her about why wasn't she talking.

"Can't...talk...much...right...now...." She answered little by little.

I nodded in understanding at that, before Toriel coughed a bit.

We stayed at the hospital longer, which was enough for Toriel to have something to eat while she was recovering until she was feeling better and up on her feet again.

After she was allowed to leave, we most likely headed back to Toriel's house, while Undyne was giving her support in case Toriel collapses out of nowhere again.

When we made it back, Toriel headed to her room so she could rest more, while Undyne cooked me and my brother something to eat for her.

As we sat down, Itachi asked me what happened to Toriel earlier today and I explained what was going on and what was it that caused it.

"But, they didn't say anything about why Toriel's hands were shaking?"

I shook my head 'No' in response to Itachi's question.

"What the hell? Severe chest pain doesn't make your hands shake. It'll make you clutch or rest your hand on your chest because of how much pain you're in, but, not when it comes to making your hands shake." Itachi says, which that makes a lot of sense.

"Those doctors are hiding something from you guys and from mom as well."

"I noticed that too." Undyne spoke up as she turned to look at us for a moment before diverting her attention back to the stove, so, she doesn't burn the food.

"They were acting funny and suspicious when I was talking to one of them before me and Ryobo left the hospital with Tori...I dunno what their plan or game is, but, it's not a good sign. I have a feeling they're one of the bad doctors that everyone, including the news, was talking about."

"Bad doctors?" Me and Itachi asked, feeling confused.

Undyne nodded.

"Before you two came along, several months ago, there were a bunch of incidents that happened and involved with doctors who were on the dark side or never were doctors at all. We called them 'Horrortale doctors' for a specific reason..." Undyne began.