40| Sudden Attack

Ryobo's POV ❄️

"No..." I answered, breaking a few seconds of silence as Toriel continued looking at me. "I wouldn't be the same without you at all..."

"If my brother and I left you, I would miss you really badly....Especially all the times you made us our favorite pies, the times we did something fun together to kill our boredom, giving each other comfort when one of us is upset...And so on.

I don't want to leave those memories.

Even though you lost Chara and your son, and failed to protect the six kids from Asgore, before Frisk came along and changed everything...Itachi and I still think of you as a good mother for taking us in." I continued while tears still fell from my face.

"Ryobo - - " Toriel began.

"No! I'm not losing another parent again! Not after what happened to mom and dad when me and Itachi were still at the surface! I don't want to leave you and find out later that you died too!" I tearfully said before clutching my fists tightly.

"I'm usually a good and an obedient child to my parents before their death. But, this is the first time I have the right to disobey you!"

After I said that, Toriel didn't say anything except she held my hand.

"You idiot...You're gonna get yourself killed. I gave you a chance to run, but, instead of choosing to leave me, you'd rather stay and risk your life to be with me..." She says before crying a bit.

"That's because I love you as my mother. Maybe a little bit more than that if I have to be honest..." I replied as a light blush appeared on my face before I looked the other way a bit.

"Same here, I guess." Toriel says as she looked at me.

"We're taking you with us and getting you out of here first, then figure out how to get rid of the darkness from you." I said before unhooking her and giving her some clothes she can change out of, after getting her in the bathroom, while I waited for her outside.

Once she was dressed, I took her out of the bathroom and to the others as I gave them a nod, while I was helping Toriel walk, because of how much pain she was in.

"Here...Lemme help." Undyne says before she placed Toriel's arm around her shoulders.

"Thanks." I said as I smiled while wiping the tears from my eyes, after the crying that happened during the time Toriel and I had the conflict.

Toriel did the same as well, but, the tear streaks could be easily seen on our faces anyways.

I held Toriel's free hand and squeezed it lightly as we continued walking, showing how much I cared about her, even after we had a small conflict earlier.

"Ryobo....Thank you so much." Toriel says as she looked at me, after lightly squeezing my hand in return.

"You're welcome. It's because of you, I changed. I will still always listen to you though." I replied as I smiled.

"Heh...Of course you will." She went before lightly chuckling.

Itachi's POV 🎸

Looking over at Ryobo and Toriel, I gave them a small smile as I heard them talking.

The others probably might not feel it, but, I could feel the mother and son bond grow stronger within Toriel and my older brother.

"My brother will never change at all." I thought to myself before chuckling. "He's such a lovable fool..."

Unfortunately, just when we made it out of the house, we were suddenly stopped in our tracks as we were several walks away from Euna's house.

"Hold it right there..." Euna says as she stepped out from a tree, carrying a scientific gun in her hands.

That immediately made us draw out our weapons, seeing that Euna's not gonna go down easily without a fight.

"You're not leaving the premises unless you turn her over to me." She continued before looking at Toriel, obviously referring to her.

"But, I doubt you're gonna do that."

"What do you want with Toriel anyways?!" Ryobo demanded.

"She has something in her that I don't. And I'm not aiming for her heart, soul, her body, or her death either." Euna answered as she chuckled sinisterly.

"This is something I was in the process of forcing her to awaken it, before you came along to rescue her."

"What is it that you want to awaken within her?!" I asked.

"Her darkest side of her emotions." She says as she grinned wickedly.

After she said that, mine and Ryobo's faces immediately paled a little.

Maybe even Alphys and Undyne too as well.

"I won't let you do that!" I heard Ryobo say next, as I nodded my head in agreement to that.

"Too late..." Euna says as she laughed, as she shot a ball of energy at us.

We immediately got out of the way, but, Toriel was too late to dodge, because she got struck in the chest by it.

"TORI!" My brother screamed out after she was hit, thrown back and crashed into the snow.

Seems like the attack has a strong force when shot and after coming in contact with you.

For a moment, Toriel wasn't moving. The only thing I could've sworn I heard her say earlier was "I'm alright, Ryobo..."

But, I immediately noticed something was wrong when Toriel got up to her feet.

It was the way she was standing, which sent chills down my spine.

When Toriel stood up earlier, she looked like she just committed suicide by hanging herself, even though she's not doing anything and I mostly have a strong doubt that she'd ever do that.

"Tori?" Ryobo went as we were all staring at her.

She was so silent, it was actually starting to scare us, except for Euna.

Without any warning, Toriel suddenly went after Undyne and attacked her.

Luckily, Undyne already had her spear out, so she was able to quickly block Toriel's sudden attack.

Had she not done that, she would've been Undyne sushi.

"Undyne! Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah...I'm fine, Itachi." Undyne replied as she smirked, while scratch marks were seen on her face. "Just didn't expect her to lash out so suddenly like that."

"Go easy on her, okay? We don't want her killed. Just do the same thing that you did the last time she attacked you." I said as I looked at her.