11. Long Nights ♪

Start from the beginning

"How are you doing?" Liam leaned forward on the couch now. "Sorry... I don't think I've asked you that."

"I'm doing better, thanks," she answered honestly. "The week I took away from everything really helped me clear my mind."

"I'm glad. Electra told me you weren't feeling too good. She said you were feeling kinda sick."

"Yeah," Diamant couldn't help but to laugh at that. Electra would describe what she was going through as being 'sick' instead of just telling the truth. The truth that Diamant struggles with anxiety and depression, and has been since she was a teenager. "I was sick, sure. But like I said, I'm feeling better now."

"That's good. But uh— there's also something else I wanted to come in here and talk to you about..."

"Nooo, Liam," Diamant groaned, not at all wanting to hear anything he had to say. Every time he talks in that soft, patronizing voice, she knows nothing good is about to come out of his mouth.

"You need to know what the people are saying Dia."

"No, I actually don't need to know. If I wanted to know what people were saying about me, I wouldn't have deleted all my social media apps off my phone and had you monitor all my accounts for me."

"I think you need to hear this one though."

"I don't care about no rumors Liam. Please, I just got back, can we not do this today?"

"Dia, there's a chance they might bring this up in your interview tomorrow morning. You need to know."

"Liam, can we talk about this later—"

"My God," Amelia unplugged the curling iron she was using on Diamant's hair. "People are saying you dipped on your two shows in Atlanta last weekend because you were pregnant and had a secret abortion. They saying you didn't wanna be having Jamal's baby the same time he got another bitch pregnant."

"What the fuck? That's really what people been saying?" Diamant raised her eyebrows, because that's the farthest thing she was thinking Liam was about to tell her. "You're lying."

"She's not," Liam slowly shook his head. "That's the rumor floating around. And well, you did disappear for a whole week. You didn't post on your story, you didn't tweet— hell, we didn't even know where the hell you were until a couple days ago."

"I don't even have the energy to care about this right now," Diamant waved her hands in front of her face.

"So you're not gonna address it? Clear the rumor that you were never pregnant."

"For what? People gonna stay making shit up anyway, so let them talk. I'm done defending myself to people I'll never even meet in real life."

"But you said you wanted to do a rebrand-"

"I do, but it ain't got shit to do with Jamal or the lies these sick ass people come up with about what we got going on."

"Dia. They're ready for your next set," one of the photographer's assistants came knocking on the already open door.

"Okay," Diamant nodded her head. "Great, because I'm over this conversation anyway," she got up from the chair she was sitting in.

~~~~~~~~~~