Engagement....

Here's the next part....

They both stood there for a while...Naina was seeing the scenery in front of her....while Sameer was seeing her....the moonlight and the dim light from nearby was adding to her natural glow. He just held her hand and took her to a nearby rock and both settled down there.....after a silence of few moments, Sameer started,

Sameer: Pata h Naina...jb mummy papa mujhe school se rusticate hone k baad daantne aaye the....tb mujhe bahot gussa aaya tha....Maine bike li aur yahan aa gaya.....raat ko...bahot der yahin baitha raha....roya b....lekin pata nii kyun, yahan ek alag sa sukoon h....yahan aake laga...jaise...jaise mere papa mere kareeb h.....

He looked towards the sky with a sad smile. Seeing him like this, she moved a bit closer to him and wound her hands around his biceps and kept her head on his shoulder....he looked towards her and found her staring ahead.....he kept his other hand on top of her other shoulder, in a way hugging her and continued,

Sameer: Tbse Mai yahan aane laga...kabhi kisi ko nii laya...jb b akela yaa sad feel krta tha to yahan aata tha...

She moved her head a little to see his face...

Naina: To fir aaj yahan kyun aaye hain hum?

Sameer: Is jagah kuchh achhi yaadein banane....is jagah se mere sukoon k saath saath dard ka rishta juda h.....aaj tumhaare saath aaya hun to sirf sukoon aur khushi h....

She again kept her head on his shoulder and both sat there quietly. But this silence was soothing for both of them....earlier whenever he came here, the silence haunted him....Making him feel that he was all alone...that he was meant to be alone....but today, with her, it gave him an assurance. No words were needed, just her mere presence in his life gave him the feeling that he wasn't alone anymore.....they both sat their in the same position for sometime...

Sameer: Naina chalo wapas chlte h....subah Jldi b uthna h naa....

She just nodded. He got up and gave his hand to her. She took his hand and stood up with his support. He turned to go, when she tugged his hand and as he turned...she just hugged him... and mumbled

Naina: Aap ab kabhi akele nii honge Sameer...

He just smiled and hugged her back....they both sat in the car and headed to the hotel. Reaching the door of her room, both bid good night to each other and went to sleep. The day ended with a happy feeling for both....and both slept peacefully.

Next morning, all woke up and met at the hotel garden for breakfast. Everything was set up separately for the Maheshwari family and their guests. Only specific staff members were allowed to serve them. All the arrangements were done for them separately, away from all the other guests, as specifically instructed by Sameer and Pandit.

After breakfast, all proceeded towards the waiting area, for Naina's family to arrive. When they all arrived, they were warmly welcomed by everyone. Naina's both the cousin sisters ran to her and hugged her. Maahi, her Maasi's eldest daughter, was the same age as Reyansh. They both just had a difference of twelve days, Reyansh being elder to her, hence they both never got along. All came and met each other, and Sameer was about to touch everyone's feet, when they stopped him. He tried to convince all, just like he convinced Rama and Rakesh and also dadu and dadi, but still they denied.

Sameer: Theek agar aap log nii chahte to Mai aapke pair nii chhunga lekin aap b mere pair nii chhuenge.

They all looked at each other, as their was a ritual in Brahmin weddings, that the bride's maternal uncle wash the bride and groom's feet under mandap. They cannot leave it, as it's considered one of the major rituals in wedding.