Chapter 82

"This is Richard, my date tonight", Aby introduces.

"Oh.. nice to meet you Richard", I stretch out my hand at him, but Derek grabs my hand away. I look at him with a what the hell expression. 

"Richard, I hope you shake hands only with your date", Derek stresses the word 'your' and roll his eyes.

"Derek don't be an ass here", Aby scolds and looks at me- "I'll catch you later", she says and walks away with Richard.

I turn to look at Derek, "Why did you do that?", I ask.

"Because nobody can touch you except me", He says and clenches his jaw.

"Derek, please..", I look down, but immediately look up again, "This is my first prom night in NYU and please don't spoil it", I plead.

"Take it as you wish", He responds without looking at me. Meanwhile, everybody around us walks inside the building. "We need to go to the ballroom, the prom is going to begin", Derek explains. I hold his arm and lean against him. He leads me inside the building and we make our way to the ballroom.

The golden room looks amazing. The theme of the prom is golden and the decorations shine under the bright golden lights. Our outfits match with the background and Derek looks around taking in the massiveness of the decorations. Everybody's eyes is covered with a mask and I find it little difficult to recognize people. Pop music is playing in the background and I gulp being a bit nervous. Some students are dressed in NYU sweatshirts as volunteers. One of them comes near us and hands over a glass of champagne for the toast ceremony.

"Hello students!", a man squeaks over the mic and everybody turns towards the stage. A middle- aged man wearing a grey tuxedo is standing on the stage holding a mic in his hand. 

"He is Mr. Franklin", Derek says.

"Ohh. I've never seen him before", I shrug.

"Sure you didn't", he says and smirks.

Mr. Franklin takes a deep breath before speaking, "Hello, my dear students! I gladly welcome you all to the prom night 2021. NYU has been my home for so many years and I am so happy to commemorate this year's prom night. I hope you all enjoy this night to the fullest and make sure you don't drink too much", he mocks and we all laugh, "So now let us all raise a toast to the must awaited prom night of the year!", Mr. Franklin raises his glass up in the air and we follow his gesture. It feels so unreal to be a part of the NYU. I've always dreamt of the day, when I will finally be a part of the New York University.

As soon as Mr. Franklin lowers his glass, the bright golden lights begins to fade and is replaced by white spot lights. The pop music is now stopped and a slow and refreshing music takes over.

"Can I have a dance with you?", Derek holds his hand out to me. I blush and place my hand in his. Quickly, he pulls me closer and hooks his arms around my waist. The slow music is so intimidating and I can feel my mouth getting dry. 

"You look cute in this mask", Derek says and I bite my lips to stop smiling at him.

"Don't do that", he says immediately.

"Do what?", I ask.

"Don't bite your lips, it makes me want to fuck you", He says and looks at my lips. I don't want to think about the dirty things he can do to me. But I cant help it. We slowly move our hips to grove to the song and I chuckle slightly looking into Derek's eyes. He looks cute too in that black mask of his. But I miss his full eyes.

"You're my better date", He says and leans in to press his forehead against mine. I can feel a pinch of jealousy thriving into my chest. Of course he has been with so many girls before and each year he had to take someone as his date to the prom. This is year its me. But I cant even imagine Derek being this close with some other girl. It just doesn't feel right.

"What do we do after this?", I ask.

"What do you want to do?", He says softly. Well, in my senior year of high school, after the prom, I remember playing seven minutes in heaven with my group of friends. I had to make out with one of Chris's friends- Evan, but we chose to spend the seven minutes in silence, just waiting for the time to pass. 

"I don't know. I had many friends, so we played seven minutes in heaven last year in school", I say honestly.

"Did you make out with somebody?", He asks quickly.

"No! well I had to, but I chose to do nothing", I say and sigh. Derek's eyes soften and he cups my cheek. "I...I...", He stops. I have noticed this happening so many times before, Derek opens his mouth to say something, but stops halfway.

"Come on say it", this time I try to confront him.

"Nothing", he looks away and removes his hand from my cheek.

Immediately, Derek steps back and I look at him with a confused expression. "What's wrong?", I ask him, but he remains quiet. Without telling anything, he leaves me alone in the dancing floor and disappears into the crowd. I feel terrible and alone. But I don't know how to react to the situation. Quickly, I move aside from the dance floor and look around for Derek. How manner less can he be! I am his date for tonight and he walks away from me like that! I am beyond pissed at him and I can feel anger fuming inside me.

I come to the hallway and I cringe when I see a couple making out. I quickly look around searching for this notorious date of mine. "Jessie!", a female voice stops me on my way. I turn back to find Venice walking towards me. "Hey, I didn't know you were here", I say and smile.

"Well, I am alone though", She smiles.

"Where is your date?", I ask and look behind her.

"I told you I am alone", she says and smiles again. I feel so terrible for Venice. She has gone through so much and I cant believe that I am still hanging around with Derek. 

"Where is Derek?", she asks looking around.

"I don't know", I say flatly.

Hello guys, so what do you think about the prom? where could Derek possibly be? I feel literally sad for Jessie, it was so insane move from Derek! Ha ha so anyways, thank u for reading... Vote! Comment! :)