Chapter 22 - Tension around the Table

- Third Person -

After everything that had happened yesterday, Edward had turned his attention to Harry, he fed the boy and made sure he got a rest. He didn't say anything to him though, maybe a few under the breath comments about how he was taking care of Harry as a child. Other than that, nothing. 

It was a new day and he had left Liam in charge of the company for the day, he stayed home in his office and focused on all he could right now. He couldn't exactly leave the two alone here. He had Zayn on guard of Louis's room and he couldn't trust Harry. Not after what he did to him.

Edward ran his fingers through his hair as he stared at the black screen of his computer he hadn't even turned on yet. Ed always liked to stay ahead of everyone else, ensuring he knew what moves to play so they would crumble. But, now, he was at a standstill. He didn't know what to do next and how to win a game that he didn't know what the outcome would be.

"Hi, Edward..." Harry breathed as he slowly walked into the office, he could still barely move, but, he was certainly doing better than before. Anything was better than that hell he had been forced into.

"You don't have a gun on you, do you? Come to shoot me?" Edward quirked an eyebrow as he spun on his chair so he was now directly facing Harry, eyeing his movements. He had every right to be reasonable and that gun hidden under his desk was just at a grab away.

"No." Harry hummed and slowly made his way over to sit in one of the chairs facing Edward's desk, he looked around a little. Certainly didn't have as many books as his home office and he didn't have a full liquor wall on hand either. 

"But, Louis did." He shot back almost immediately after Harry spoke, he was on edge. No, he was not afraid of dying, after all the pain he had caused in his life he had accepted that his fate was probably sealed with a merciless kill, condemned to hell where he would rot. "After what I did to you, well, it wouldn't surprise me."

Harry nodded his head because sure, it had certainly crossed his mind, to hurt Edward. Except, he was not like that. Not with family, sure he had suffered but seeing the limp in Edward's leg. Well, that would suffice for now. "Not today."

Edward took Harry in sceptically and nodded his head in acknowledgement. He believed him, Harry showed no mannerisms for lying. Then again, he also knew Harry had an act for being able to manipulate people. At least, he used to. He wasn't sure if he maintained those tainted parts of himself. 

"I ordered breakfast in. Come." Harry hummed, it wasn't an open invitation, he was not asking. He slowly moved as he got up to exit the room. Harry's exceptionally slow pace and ability to only talk a little irritated him and that irritation is the justification he gave himself to get up and help his brother to the dining room. No other reason. 

Edward narrowed his eyes seeing the food set up there, sandwiches, smoothies and fruit. He knew Harry wasn't able to set up any of this himself and must have let whoever brought it here do it. He pushed Harry down into his chair hard, gripping his shoulder tightly, ignoring the hiss that left Harry. "Never let anyone into my home, without permission. Got it?"

"Y-Yes. Sorry." Harry breathed out once Edward had released his hold, he looked down at the food in front of him before to Edward as he took his seat at the head of the table. He looked to the man quite expectantly.

"Right... you still can't feed yourself." He groaned and moved to grab Harry's sandwich and hold it up to him. Maybe he wasn't totally heartless. Harry leant away from the food though. "What? Did you want fruit instead? A different sandwich? Tell me."

"Louis." Harry mumbled with a nod. Harry wanted Louis to join them, he didn't want Louis to go through any sort of isolation or lack of food like he did. He could never commit that torture to Louis. He didn't deserve this. Besides, he had made sure this food was from their cafe.