I looked at my reflection, then made eye contact with James. A single tear fell down upon my cheek. James turned me around and wiped the single tear away gently.

"I get if me telling you that stuff can be surprising, and may seem like it's going a bit fast, but I honestly didn't talk about you in a negative light." He said calmly looking into my eyes. And awkwardly...I believed he was telling me the truth. I had a gut feeling he was.

Without thinking I moved closer to James and burrowed my body close to his. He returned my sudden action with holding me tightly and rubbing my back

"While we're in the bathroom, may I take a closer look at your bruises? I still want to make sure your okay."

I nodded.

I lifted my shirt up and revealed my stomach to him. He lightly traced his fingers over the injured areas softly.

"Does your butt feel any better?" He asked while still examining my stomach.

"I.....it still feels a bit sore." I muttered.

"Okay. I'll be sure to get more pain relief cream. But before I do, I might have one of my company doctors take a look at you. I want to make sure there's no internal injuries. The bruises on your stomach doesn't look as good as it should. The bruises here should have reduced by a small amount, but they haven't." He stated.

"How does he know that?" I questioned inside my head.

"I think some ice might help." He inquired.

He brushed my shirt down and stood up. As he left the bathroom, I followed him.

Once in the kitchen I stood in the doorway shyly. I can't believe I went off on him earlier only to find out it was a misunderstanding. I thought glumly to myself. And to think afterwards, he's still willing to help me.I made my way over to the stool that still had my pillow placed upon it.

"Careful now." James warned. He sat the bag of ice down on the island and made his way closer to me. He picked me up and I unexpectedly wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as he lifted me. He sat me on the stool comfortably,before handing me the bag of ice.

"Thank you." I huffed as I placed the cold ice on my stomach.

He nodded.

"I'll be right back. I need to let Tyson out to use the bathroom." He informed.

"Could I meet him now." I asked.

James nodded as he exited the kitchen.

As he came back I heard the padded of paws and clinking noise from Tyson's collar. Once in the kitchen Tyson look up at me.

Yikes. That's a dog I wouldn't want upset at me.I thought nervously.

"I know he looks intimidating but he's not as mean as he looks." James lightly chuckled after seeing my expression.

"Here reach out your hand. He won't bite you. Not as long as I'm here." He instructed.

I reached down and heard the whiffs Tyson took. I also felt his cold nose but my hand once or twice. He then backed up and sat down.

"He's really calm." I stated.

"Yeah. He knows you're not a threat. Plus he probably smells a bit of my scent on you." James said as he scratched Tyson's head. "Come on boy go ahead and do your business." James lead him to a sliding door and let Tyson into the back yard by himself.

"Your not going to go with him?" I asked.

"Nahh he alright. The yard is fenced and he knows when he's done to come back to the door."

"Oh." I then began getting chills from holding the ice pack on my stomach for so long. "I'm getting a bit chilly now so I don't want to apply the ice anymore." I declared.

"Okay." James responded with a nod.

After a few quiet moments we heard Tyson return to the door. James opened it and let Tyson come in. He then put down a dog dish and filled it with cold water.

Soon after James began talking to me and we chatted for about 30 minutes as he poured Tyson some dog food. This time I told him a bit about myself. About how I met Peter and my work life in his club. And about how much I loved working at the cafe. There wasn't much for me to say since my life was boring but James seemed to enjoy hearing me speak full sentences probably.

About 30 minutes had past before we heard the doorbell ring.