Live To See Tomorrow

"Dorian" I barely whispered as Nikolai dropped my hand.

"It's indeed me." He said stepping forward. "How have you been?"

I was so stunned that I couldn't project a response. I just stared at him like a crackhead. My emotions were on a high as I tried to speak but all that came out of my mouth was air.

I couldn't believe my eyes, neither could I believe my mind at this point. It was Dorian. Standing in front of us, in flesh and blood.

I stepped forward and he smiled down at me, "it's you?" I asked and he smiled even wider.

"It's that hard to believe?" He said and stepped forwards, "come here, see if you believe now." He wrapped his arms around me and yes, it was true, but as I hugged him back, it felt strange. In my mind ran, Nikolai.

I pulled back and looked at him, "Nikolai." I said and he came out of his trance, "it's really him."

Nikolai came forward and his face became bright. Despite everything grim he was smiling and through the tears came a bright light.

He stepped forward with uncertainty and then extended his hand. He was so happy and so emotionally burdened at this point that nothing came out of his mouth, he just looked between me and Dorian with tears of contentment rushing down his cheeks and then in a swift moment they collided.

They embraced each other with such love and affection that I couldn't help but cry. Nikolai was sobbing in Dorian's embrace like a child while Dorian, the younger one was holding his elder brother like he needed to be held.

I felt an arm around me and I looked up to find Tanner holding me close, "this is why they abducted me, I wasn't going to tell you anything. I was coming here to free Dorian." He said softly as I watched the brothers never leaving each other.

I whipped my head towards him, "what?"

At her nodded, "I had found out that Dorian never really died. It was staged, instead, Dorian was sent to a mental facility based on false evidence of mental illness."

"I... I don't get it." I said as confusion fogged my brain, "what about the letter? And the burial?"

"He indeed decided to leave you for your good, but when he returned to Goldbridge someone filed a false complaint about him and that he needs mental help. He was in the mental institution for over five months now."

"Who did this?"

"No idea, but when I found out about him, I just arranged to get him out. I knew you'd want that, but as soon as I filed his discharge papers and finished filing the court orders... I got abducted. Although, I had told Dorian about everything so he was in hiding."

"Where was he hiding?"

"One of his friend's houses." His words made my eyes go won't and my heart stopped. So it was Dorian on the night of Christmas. I was not hallucinating.

"Kiara." Dorian's voice infiltrated my ears and I gazed at him, "I missed you." He said and enveloped me in another embrace.

As I returned it, I watched Nikolai who had pain written all over his face. He was crushing inside and so was I. It felt like losing all over again and he shook his head. I gently nodded in response and held Dorian. Nikolai averted his eyes and wiped newly formed tears.

I didn't speak anything, as I jumped down Amy's grave and detangled the chain from her clothing. I took a long look at her deformed face and a heat rose in my body. I clenched my jaw to control my tears and silently prayed.

I will never forgive myself for the pain she suffered. I didn't know if it was my fault but I knew I might have prevented it.

I took advantage of being shocked and kept quiet for most of our journey back home. Staring out in the night and thinking about how everything is going to change.