Ain't No Love For The Wicked

A bright light made me wince. My head felt like a construction site. I turned in my back and struggled to open my eyes. The task was made easy when I heard shuffling near me, I turned my head to see a place that I didn't recognise at all, where was I?

I sat up and held my head in my hands. I remembered very little of last night but what I distinctly remembered was Dorian.

I knew I saw him, felt him, talked to him. I looked around in hopes and got them shattered when I witnessed the guy from the bar walking towards me,

"You are up." He said as he kept a glass of water on the side table.

"How did I..?" I started to question but he held his hand up.

"...first, take this." He said handing me a pill, "for the headache"

I took the pill and drank some water, "you passed out right after I called your name from behind, I had no clue where you lived, so I brought you here." He explained and my heart thumped,  was I dreaming of Dorian? Or was it another hallucination?

I groaned in pain, "I am sorry for everything, believe me, I am so embarrassed right now."

"Don't be, you talked a lot and I mean a lot in your sleep. If whatever you were mumbling was true then trust me, I think you needed this. It's not every day you see someone bending back hellwards for a loved one." He glanced at me, "especially when they don't even remember them."

I looked up at him, "I talked way too much, didn't I?"

He smiled and nodded, "he was a lucky guy to have a woman that loved him more than she loved herself."

I took a deep breath, "still it wasn't enough, I suppose" I said and looked outside, "what time is it by the way?"

"11:38," he said looking down at his watch and my eyes widened. Nikolai will kill me with his bare hands, that if he cared at all.

Leo, was driving me back to Ashford Residence from where I decided to pick up my stuff and go back to the Tea room, "How did you even forget him?" He asked out of the blue and I understood the curiosity.

"Your brain saves all of your memory in one part. It uses receptors to transmit memory from one part to another whenever you try to recall things. Sometimes these receptors get damaged or for some reason, the memories get blocked." I looked at him as he glanced towards me curiously, "it can happen because of intense trauma or injury, where the brain cuts off the supply of a specific set of memory to save the brain from any further damage. It's an episodic memory loss where an entire episode of memory is wiped out"

He shook his head, "brain is mysterious"

I nodded, "a mystery no one can solve."

"Whatever it's worth, I hope you get it back." His words carved in my mind, for some reason I made a mental note of them, just in case it becomes helpful.

We were standing in front of the gate within ten minutes, "I hope to see you again," he said, "also, if you need any help, I took the privilege of slipping my number in your jacket pocket."

"I don't think I'll trouble you any further," I said and he smiled, "it would be my pleasure, your experience has taught me how important it is to seize every moment with your loved one and live with them to the fullest..." He stopped when he read my face.

"Because you never know you'll forget them entirely..." I finished his sentence and he awkwardly stepped forward, "I do hope to see you again, and my offer for help.is always open"

"I'll keep that in mind," I said and gave him a quick hug when we heard a screeching sound nearby.

Looking up we saw Nikolai's car coming to an abrupt halt, stepping out was a furious Nikolai himself. He looked like he hadn't slept all night. His eyes were swollen and he looked at me with such animosity that my insides stirred.