Rattle And Run

Nikolai and I took guard at each side of the door while Tanner stood behind one of the cages, as the footsteps grew louder I looked at Nikolai and he gently dipped his chin in a nod, reassuring me. I was holding a knife and a dagger, tightening my grip I steadied myself. I closed my eyes and my entire life flashed before them, however, astonishingly enough it was all the happy moments that I recalled. Taking a deep breath I opened my eyes and I knew, I knew those were the moments for which I needed to fight. I needed to live.

I looked at Nikolai and he flicked his finger, signalling me to get down, I squatted down and the voices came into earshot. There wasn't just one person, they were many and my heart started pounding against my chest.

I understood why Nikolai asked me to get down, benefitting from darkness our frames wouldn't be visible to those men as they entered.

But to mistake them with normal humans was an act of foolishness, they were all as tall as six feet and several inches. Their bodies were like mountains and the flashback of the night when I got attacked came to my mind.

I shivered and Nikolai held his hand up for me to wait.

"What is this?" One of the men said as the second one entered.

"How the fuck did he escape." The second man said and looked around, "and what's this?"

"Master's daughter," the first man said and my eyes widened.

Before I could react a shadow whipped past me and a scream filled the room as Nikolai hurled at the man who was looking down at  Amy's body.

The second man got puzzled and started at Nikolai which gave me an opening. I pinned the dagger in my hand and ran towards the second man who skinned to look at me, but before he could react, I let out a loud cry and ran the dagger through his thigh. He screamed in pain and I took the opportunity to slash through his abdomen with the knife in my other hand shot at his legs.

The man

He held his stomach with his hand and looked up at me with rage in his eyes. He stood up and walked towards me. From the corner of my eye, I saw Nikolai tackling the other man. He was piercing that man's body like a pumpkin.

I stared at the man who was coming closer to me he raised his hand and threw a punch at me, I ducked and whirled around extending my arm and slashing near the elbow, but he didn't stop he only gee more outraged as I kept ducking and rolling around. I was about to pierce through his shoulder when someone grabbed me by my hair and I cried out.

My body got jerked so harshly that the dagger dropped and I held the man's wrist. I turned to see who it was and found out it was the same man who had attacked me earlier, "you little, bitch." He spat, "I warned you, didn't I?"

I stared him dead in the eyes, "you weren't convincing enough." I snarled and he laughed. He grabbed my hair tighter and whirled me into the wall. As I hit the wall I felt my skin being scraped. And my entire body started to heat up. My limbs gave up and I fell as I tried to continue.

I heard a loud trashing near me and saw Tanner fighting with the man I had injured earlier.

I looked around and saw this man stepping towards me with a whip that he had just withdrawn from his belt. I glanced past him and caught Nikolai watching me, the man beneath him struggling to get free while they were both halfway on Amy's body and as if to finish it off, Nikolai resorted to the deadliest thing, he placed the knife on the men's neck, pressed it a little and made a smooth and swift cut. He stood up and the man gagged, struggling for air. Nikolai tightened his grip and walked towards me roughly.

On the other hand, it seemed like Tanner was running out of options too, so he simply picked up a big shard of glass and ran it through the chest of the man and kicked him in the gut. As the man fell Tanner walked up to him and pressed on his face sideways, breaking his neck.