Chapter 7

Before this chapter starts, I just want to express how grateful I am for the overwhelming support on this fanfic! as I am writing this, we are on 393 reads!!!! almost 400!
I cannot explain how happy this makes me, that my writing; even if it just a stupid fanfiction about non existent anime characters, is able to be read and enjoyed :)))

Other than that, please feel free to once again comment if I have made a typo or an error in wording etc, it would be greatly appreciated!

* * *

TW - physical + verbal abuse, alcohol

Denki's POV

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my window; my curtains slightly open, it was another hot day despite it already being September.
I groaned as I swiftly kicked off my covers and got out of bed. With my arm covering my eyes I strolled over to close my drapes.

As I got ready, all I could think about was the day to come as well as the day after, going back home. Life at UA was exceptional, magnificent to say the least. However, there was one flaw, one flaw only someone like me could see. And that flaw as none other than the fact that the dorms closed on the weekends and holidays... It doesn't seem like a big deal to everyone else... But to someone like me, it is a huge deal. Dorms seemed like the best thing that could ever happen to me after years of abuse, but as soon as I heard we had to go back home over the weekends, I faced the fact that I had no escape. And that it was going to continue like this for the rest of my high school life.

As I got changed, brushing my hair and teeth, packing a few clothes, making sure I had my phone and earbuds, I swung my small backpack over my shoulder and exited my dorm. Making my way into the elevator and down to the first floor I saw some of class 1A still in the common room. I switched on my phone to check the time, 10:34am it read. The dorms would be closing at 11, usually everyone would be gone by now. Their parents should've already arrived to pick them up hours ago, excited to spend the weekend with their beloved child.

However, as I walked into the common room there were 3 people left. And those three people happen to be, Bakugou, Midoriya, and... Shinsou. A small blush spread across my cheeks as I made my way over and plopped down on the couch beside grumpy Bakugou. He had his feet up on the table, his bag on the floor to the right of him as he did whatever he does on his phone... probably harassing kids on social media... I thought as my gaze averted to look at Midoriya.

He was also on his phone.. probably not harassing kids on social media... He was smiling and he looked genuinely happy to go visit his mother. I wouldn't blame him, his mother reminds me of mine, before she moved. Before she reported my father to the police and left me in foster care. I know it wasn't her intention to hurt me, even though she definitely hates my guts, after what I had done. But she did.

Trying to change the direction of my thoughts, I looked over at Shinsou, he was just sitting there, his eyes attached on me. I gave him a small smile which he gladly returned before Bakugou and Midoriya stood up leaving the room waving to both Shinsou and I.
Seemed like Inko was giving Bakugou a ride. And at last it was just me and Shinsou left in the room. I decided to go on my phone for a bit. Just so I could stay in the comfort of the dorms for a little while longer.

Some time went by in peace, and It was eventually 10:58, Aizawa Sensei was in checking all the rooms to make sure everyone had left, and I took this as my que to leave as well. I stood up from the couch and gave Shinsou a small but nice 'goodbye' before leaving the dorms stepping out into the blazing heat.

As I started walking in the direction of my home I thought about how Hideaki never picked me up from the dorms, he always called me a faggot and told me to 'find my own way here' even when it was pouring down rain. And today was no exception.