64 ● I Know ● 64

I was sitting in my assigned seat on the balcony, once again waiting for the match to start. It was the first match of semi finals and luckily, I'm not going first. Seonghwa and Mingi are.

From time to time, I glanced at Felix to see if he's as terrifyed of me as I am of him. Probably not. The whole time, he had his eyes fixed on the empty arena, also waiting for the match to start.

The same as days before, Wonderland was full of people cheering from time to time, talking and mostly eating. It was decorated in black and red colors which in my opinion looked bomb dope together.

Soon, MC announced their apperance. "Tamaiti, how are we feeling?!"

Soobin got yells in exchange and laughed. "Today we are starting our semi finals with first match in which our previous winners will participate. We chose Prince Seongha and Prince Mingi to fight agains eachother today. Tomorrow other two royals will fight for their spot in the big finals."

When Soobin ended, Arin picked up from where he stopped. "But for now, let's focus on today's competitors. We already introduced them to you so let's call them in the arena, shall we?"

The crowd cheered and doors on both sides opened, revealing two princes who were waiting for this moment behind the doors. Seonghwa looked serious and ready to crush Mingi in pieces for what he said yesterday.

But unlike his opponent, Mingi didn't even look at Seonghwa and didn't bother to give him any attention. When Seonghwa figured Mingi was ignoring him, he started doing the same. They both turned to Chan and kneeled, asking for his blessing without MC's words.

Dad stood up and crossed them from afar, sitting back down after it. Princes than recieved their weapons and prepared for their fight. 

While that was happening, I imagined what was Mingi thinking about yesterday when he said those words and his father too.

The prince never showed any kind of homophobic behaviour or any hatered towards LGBTQ+ couples. So for him to say those words, he must have different reasons that just hating on them. Maybe he wanted to prove to us he really turned back evil and start hating us even more.

His father on the other hand said his last words so truthfully that I almost believed them. He said it with sad tone that made me believe he had some real issues behind us being together. And the book he was reading? Did he want to know how others are holding up on their love lives? Or was he checking up on his story?

I need to read that book when I got time. These two are a really complicated family. No one knows anything about them except that they're dark and evil and they have no mercy for no one. But Mingi must have came from some kind of love, right?

Then I remembered things King of Ara told us about. Felix once fell in love with woman that was just like him. Full of energy and the most cheerfull person you'll ever know. So if she really was that cheerful, we would probably hear her laugh in the castle but we heard nothing but quietness and thic atmosphere.

Maybe they divorced. But Mingi would still talk about her. Or pay her a visit, even if she moved to other kingdoms. What happened to Mrs. Lee?

While I was thinking about those things, I didn't even notice the fight already started. It was almost an end when I came back to my sense and focused on the match.

Seonghwa's technique in staying calm and mediating didn't work as he was blinded by anger and made a lot of mistakes which earned him punches on both sides of his face. His stick was laying on other end of arena and by now he was only defending himself with his bare hands.

But a fist against katana couldn't do much and out of fear for his hands to get cut off, he kept taking steps back, away from Mingi while the other kept pushing towards him.

So the final result was Seonghwa surrounding because his face was red and blue all over and the pain was slowly getting unbearable. Mingi stepped away from him fully while Seonghwa sent a glare his way, standing up straight after medical staff treated his injuries.

"The first finalist for The Tournament for the Royals, people! Prince Song Mingi of Valea!" Cheers filled the stadium as Mingi bowed to everyone and exited the arena, leaving behind a bunch of fangirls dying over his handsomeness.

 I got a little jealous but brushed it off because I knew he doesn't have time for love or even more, for cheating. So I calmly stood up and followed the rest of my siblings to the castle where we seperated. I went training and they probably went eating.

Mingi's pov.

My legs brought me to my room in the back area of stadium, where I collapsed on the bed and let out a long sigh. I closed my eyes for a second, thinking back to the fight that just happened. Maybe I went a little too hard on him but I did what needed to be done in order to win.

Then, the door of the room opened and by the pattern of this person's footsteps, I immediatelly recognized who it was. I sat up on the bed and faced my father who had a smug expression.

"Very well done, Mingi. I think that Ara prince will remember you for his whole life by those punches." He complimented me but I just looked at the floor with saddness.

"You still have to work on your done facial expression but I think you're fooling everyone."

I sighed and looked at him with big eyes. "But why do I have to be like this? They've done nothing to us."

Dad's face immediatelly changed and he glared at me before walking over to the window of the room. "No, they have. You don't realize that but they've done a lot of damage to you, especially their parents."

"I wanna have a reason why I'm acting like this. At least then I'll know if it's worthy losing all of this." I whispered but he heard me as he suddenly went over to me and grabbed my chin harshly.

"Listen here. You're acting really ungrateful but I'll tell you if you insiste. Once when you'll win, your 'friends' won't be able to use you for their own and you'll be totally free with doing whatever you want to this land.

And you want a reason? How about I say that you're fighting for your mother?" When he metioned her, I forgot I was ever angry at him and my mind wandered to her. I sighed and he smirked, letting me go and moving to the door.

"Fix yourself, get dressed in normal clothes and then come eat. And remember -"

"Put on a facade. I know." I cut him off. Even tho I did that, he wasn't angry and only nodded, leaving me alone in the room once again.

I dresses in my usual clothes and took a look in the mirror I had in the room. I was back to wearing black because father said 'It makes you less approachable.'

I fixed my hair and sighed. When I looked in my eyes through the mirror, I tried to smile. I failed.

I sighed again for the nth time and left the room, leaving behind my thoughts about the only person that could make me happy right now.

Another short chapter because I want to reach the next drama as soon as possible.

Stay safe, love ya!❤