12 ● It Was A Joke ● 12

↜⩸⩷⩸↝

I woke up three hours later, just like I planned and surprisingly none of my siblings came to annoy me. Which I was grateful for. I yawned and streched after turning off my alarm. I dragged myself to my bags and chose a simple outfit - white short-sleveed t-shirt and light blue ripped jeans with a pair of white sneakers. After I was done in the bathroom where I took a shower, I plaited my hair into a braid and went on to do my make up.

I exited the bathroom and went on my phone to see if someone needed me. I had one text from Anya who told be that she safely came to her room and that we'll see eachother at the meeting. The clock striked quarter to six an I decided to slowly make my way to the destination.

I stepped out of my room and the maid from before greeted me. "Hello your highness. Are you ready to go?" I nodded and she lead me down the hallways of this castle.

"So, where are we going?" I curiously asked since I saw we passed the throne room we were in before. She chuckled and just smiled at me. "I'm not supposed to tell you. King Jeongin wanted it to be a secret. He'll tell you himself once he'll come."

I groaned inside but kept my mouth shut and nodded. After a few more steps, we stopped infront of smaller, black, sliding doors that opened upon the maids knocks. Another royal staff slid the door open and greeted us with a smile.

The maid motioned for me to step inside and I was met with a room I never thought I'll be inside, in this kingdom. The staff kitchen.

It was big and white with a lot of stoves and vents in the middle and steel counters all around. It had one metal door that looked heavy, probably another form of the fridge but bigger and more spacious. Above the counters were hanging every sort and size of pans and pots, made out of different materials. Knifes and cutlery was put out on one side of the kitchen, opposite the metal doors.

When I went inside, a sight of laughing Yunho and Jongho greeted me. When they registered my presence, they immediately said hi to me. "Hey, Y/N. No fancy dress today?" Jongho teased.

I smiled and playfully rolled my eyes. "I didn't have the energy to dress up." I said.

Jongho nodded and immediately after our conversation ended, Yeosang, Wooyoung and San entered the room. They all held the same surprised expression as me and slowly came back to their senses. "Greetings brother. Like your room?" I said to San.

He nodded. "Yeah, not bad. I have this beautiful view of the restaurant facing the castle and it smells so nice from there! - Ow!" Meanwhile his talking, our other siblings came in the kitchen and Han eavesdropped on our conversation. When San was in the middle of a sentence, his twin decided to announce his entry and hit him on the head.

"What was that for, you idiot!" San half-yelled while rubbing his head. Han just smiled at him. "You have a better room than me. And it's also been a while since I've hit someone." He answered. I chuckled at the two but my mind soon switched from them to the figure that just stepped inside.

My eyes travelled to the entrance of the kitchen which was occupied by just Mingi. He was dressed casually but it still looked like something worth a lot of money. He looked... he looked nice, yeah. Very nice. I shook my head and tried to forget my thoughts. Keep yourself together! You came to win, not to fall in love!

Soon after, the room was full of royalties who were probably so loud the whole castle and close houses could hear them. But it all died down when The King stepped inside. He didn't walk like Hyunjin. He had some playfulness and young spirit in it but also a serious attitude. A walk could reveal a lot about one's personality, if only you know how to study it.