Chapter Forty-Eight: Halloween

(Image credit: Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan. This is Bi-Han's Halloween costume.)

"How do I look?" Kuai asks after he walks out into the living room. Bi-Han looks up from his book and scans his brother over. "Like a hipster," he answers.
"I like the outfit," you say from the couch.
Kuai smiles, adjusting the black tie.

The suit he's wearing is navy blue with a yellow undershirt, pants navy blue as well, and black shoes.
"Looks better on you than me," Bi-Han states.
That must have been Bi-Han's way of complimenting people, because Kuai looks happy.
Even Bi-Han is dressed up, much to your surprise.

His outfit is plain, black pants, shoes, and a beige button up shirt. He wears a yellow armband with a seven pointed white star on his left arm. Bi-Han had also let his hair down, falling like a black veil around his face. To complete the look, gauze is wrapped around his head, covering his left eye, along with a green contact lense on his visible eye.

You are dressed in your (insert favorite animal here) onesie, since it's soft and comfortable.
"What's your character's name?" Bi-Han asks his brother.
"Spike Spiegel. Yours?"
"Eren Yeager."
Fujin, Raiden, and Liu had all gone to the store to pick up a few more things, leaving you, Topaz, Bi-Han, Kuai, and Hanzo alone.

Bi-Han gets up from the couch and stretches. "Well, I am going to check on Hanzo and that little dragon of yours." He walks over to the doorway. "While I'm gone, neither of you try to set the kitchen on fire, okay?"
"When have I ever caused damage?" Kuai asks.
Bi-Han's one visible eye narrows. "You nearly burned mine and Hanzo's house down while making tea."

Kuai laughs nervously. "Oh, right...Forget I even asked."
Slowly, the pieces fall together in your head as Bi-Han leaves.
"Bi-Han and Hanzo share a house?" You ask, looking up at Kuai.
"They do, mainly to get away from everything. Live in solitude, that sort of thing." He shrugs, sitting next to you on the couch.

Outside, Bi-Han watches Hanzo walk around with Topaz.
"Hey," Bi-Han croaks, startling Hanzo, who does a double take at his costume.
"Bi-Han...you actually got into a costume," he muses.
A small smile forms on the Cryomancer's lips.
"Kuai wouldn't stop pestering me. You know how he is. I'm surprised you're not in costume."

"Oh, I wouldn't know what to dress up as," Hanzo shrugs. The elder Sub-Zero snorts, taking out a cigarette and lighting it.
"You're a spectre, Hasashi. Just do the whole flaming skull thing."
"That's not how it works," Hanzo jokes, walking up the steps to stand next to him.
"I know. Just teasing ya," he inhales and blows the smoke away from Hanzo.

They watch Topaz play around for a bit, then Hanzo picks her up gently when she gets tired.
"The others should be back soon," Hanzo states to break the silence.
"Fantastic, because I don't really know how this Halloween thing works." Then Bi-Han sighs through his nose. "Look, about showing up here uninvited..."

"Bi-Han, it's okay. I know you worry about me when I'm gone for a while," Hanzo murmurs.
Topaz has fallen asleep in Hanzo's arms.
"You know me too well," Bi-Han admits, back against the stone pillar. He snuffs out his cigarette when they hear the familiar lightning sound of Raiden and the others coming back.

Raiden looks surprised to see Bi-Han when they walk back in. "Thunder God," Bi-Han nods.
"Bi-Han, I didn't realize you were visiting. You look different."
"You can call him Eren Yeager if you want," Kuai peeps up, smiling.
"Kuai, I don't recognize that name," Raiden says flatly, making the younger Cryomancer laugh.
Hanzo sets the sleeping dragon down on the couch.

You're busy helping Fujin open the bags of candy.
"Hello, Liu Kang," Bi-Han rasps.
They both stay back, watching you and the other set things up.
"Have you ever celebrated this holiday?" Liu asks.
Bi-Han shakes his head no. "The Lin Kuei never celebrated holidays. Even though I'm out of that clan now, I prefer not drawing attention that much."