home is where the heart is (angst, fluff reader x sleepy bois)

basically where you (the reader) was taken away for a year and your family thought you were dead. but then you were finally able to see them again and go back to l'manburg :).

y/ns pov

i cant sleep. its been this way for months. I'm so sleep deprived the bags under my eyes are darker than the void.

its been years. well that's an exaggeration, its been months. since I've been within the l'manburg walls even though its blown to shreds now.

 I've been away from my family for so long now I've forgotten what they sound like maybe even what they look like.

i forgot how comforting there hugs were. how reassuring there words were. i cant sleep because of it.

every time i close my eyes i just see images of us having fun.

images of me and tubbo with flower crowns on our heads, laughing and giggling while playing with bees hand in hand. running through the fields until i tripped and fell on top of him.

images of me and techno sat atop the roof of his house as he helped me with aiming, shooting random mobs from a distance, the moon hug high above our heads as we shared chuckles every now and then.

images of me and Wilbur singing songs together as he played the guitar and i played the piano. messing up the lyrics and cords/keys while laughing about it, once all our singing was done we would watch movies while cuddled up in bundles of blankets while drinking coke and eating gone of crisps because we couldn't be asked to go to the shops.

images of me and Phil cooking for the rest of our family, throwing flour at each other for a laugh, messing up the recipe slightly but it still turned out ok in the end. we thought, i tried it and ended up in bed for a few days but Phil stayed by my side and helped me get through the food poisoning.

images of me and tommy gazing at the sunset sat on the bench while listening to mellohi on repeat. when the sun went down we would go back to his house laughing about me being older than him and about him being childish, before we would lay down and do some star gazing till we feel asleep.

images of me and ranboo having to look after Michael for the day, drawing with him and reading stories. then to end it of it was the same night the lanterns were being released from the festival so me ranboo and Michael watched them fly into the sky before it was Michael's bedtime.

all these memories were making me hurt. so much. i need to talk to George about this. "George!" i shout my arms crossed over my chest as i lay.

"what!" he called back, "i was just about to go out with clay!" i scoff at his name. clay. eww i hated it, i hated him.

"i don't care just get here!" i call back feeling cold air hit me as he opened the door to my bedroom.

"alright what is it?" he asked his googles at the top of his head against his crown that was slightly lopsided.

"when can i see my family again?" i ask swinging my legs over the edge and sitting up. "c'mon y/n you ask me this every day" he whines about to walk out.

"its been a year George! a year since I've been away from my family, you haven't even let me talk to them! they probably think I'm dead for fuck sake!" i shout out the words causing George to flinch.

"I'm thinking about it" he sighed sitting on the edge of my bed with me. "what do you mean?" i ask confused. "i kidnapped you on the day l'manburg blew up right?" he asked as i release a breath before nodding.

"that's... tomorrow" i state my eyes glistening while widening. "so there's your answer" he smiled at me, it was a warm smile.

one that Phil would give me. "answer to what?" i say slowly kind of worried for the answer. "to your question, your going back home tomorrow" i smile slowly formed on my face as i made eye contact with George.