Chapter 96: A Civil Partnership

Julien drove the silver hovercar he had borrowed from Dusk to the gate of Rosebush Villa and DuskRider signalled to the Imperial Security team guarding the villa. The gates were immediately opened. No one would dare to keep the Crown Prince waiting.

However, after witnessing the military exercise that morning, Juilen had started viewing the security setup in a different manner. He was now unhappy that the Imperial Security team simply went by what the AI said and opened the door without verifying who had actually come in the vehicle. The fear of offending the powerful was a bad characteristic in any security team. He felt he had to have it overhauled.

Perhaps it was time to look for a successor to General Tarrier. The General was good in his work but his method and thought process was now outdated. The security environment, technology, nature of the people, had all changed. Julien knew the Emperor would not be happy as Tarrier had been loyal and served the Imperial Government for a long time. He would have to find an alternate position where his skills could be useful.

The car entered the villa and his security team followed. Almost immediately, A-SAPTs were visible in the distance and within minutes, teams of technicians started to assemble temporary ground and air defence batteries.

Julien sighed. He now began to understand his Grandfather's reluctance to leave the Imperial Palace. This was a huge logistic nightmare and a waste of money. Besides, in this way, it was also very clear to people where he was. He felt sure that by the time he finished, newspersons would be standing at the end of the driveway...

He also frowned on realising that this was probably a reason why Dusk repeatedly rejected him in spite of everything he tried to do to change her mind. She hated this kind of attention and she disliked massive amounts being 'wasted' for her. Perhaps a new Imperial Security Head would find other ways to do things.

He got off at the front porch and the car went to park itself at the designated bay. The butler came running out to greet the distinguished guest. He knew what had happened the previous night and desperately tried to think of a way to shield his Mistress. All he needed was to delay the Crown Prince by a few minutes, so that the Head-Maid go and wake her up.

"Your Majesty! It as an honour to be welcome you to my Mistress's home! And it is a personal honour for me to be able to greet and serve the Crown Prince! Please come this way, you are just in time for breakfast. May I serve you a drink while you wait? I am sure Her Highness is already up and..."

Julien simply brushed him aside as he strode into the Villa, going purposefully towards where he knew Rosemary's bedroom was. "It's ok, don't worry. I will join for breakfast, you may inform the Chef. I do not need a special menu and there is no need to contact my valet for my preferences. I will have whatever my sister is having."

Before the Butler could say anything else, Julien had already walked off in the direction of the Bedrooms, followed by his posse of Black-Armoured Personal Bodyguards. The Butler could only watch helplessly. His forehead had a layer of perspiration as he thought of what would happen once the Crown Prince saw...

He quickly turned and ran towards the staff area, to warn the staff and the chef of the instructions of the Crown Prince, praying that the Crown Prince could not override the lock.

... ...

On entering the residential wing of the villa, Julien quickly located Rosemary's bedroom. He saw some maids standing there stunned and ordered them to open the door.

"Your Majesty... The Princess is asleep. She had a late night." The Head-Maid stammered, kneeling before him. She had been warned by the Butler less than ago that the Crown Prince was on his way and he could not stop him.