Chapter 91: Unexpected Discussion

Julien walked into the roof-top of the PG Club.

It was 3:30 in the morning, but the attendants were waiting for him and greeted him brightly. There were no signs of sleepiness or tiredness on them. Julien wondered idly whether they were given stimulants to get them in shape. Or perhaps they were standby crew to cater to Dusk's needs or for unexpected meetings like this since they knew he and other members of the Royal Family could come there.

The university would be stupid to waste money on additional crew that may be used once in a year. He also wondered whether the PG club was even under the control of the university at all or whether Imperial Security had taken it over. Imperial Security would spend anything that was needed for Dusk's comfort because they knew how important she was to Bravadia and also because the Emperor had specifically ordered that she be taken care of.

On the other hand, Uni-Viva board considered Dusk Hale and Catherine Lidwig as very important resources and it was not unconceivable that they would spend half a million on them. They would get far more if they kept them happy, as the Emperor would provide grants far in excess for ensuring Catherine is properly educated. Julien knew that just on a whim, Dusk had gifted chip-fabrication labs worth close to $10 million to the university.

Earlier, he used to consider these things, specially whether someone was being make to wake up in the middle of the night for his benefit. But now, with a whole truckload of matters he had to deal with, he stopped thinking of such things. His ADC would ensure he got whatever he needed whenever he needed. Money was no longer a concern for him... Not that it ever way, really.

He sat on the broad, soft seat next to the pool. The weather was good enough for an outdoor meeting. His favourite coffee was served. He knew they kept the blend for Dusk and that she had most of her meals at the PG Club. His mother had ensured that, at least, so he no longer needed to worry if she was eating properly and looking after herself instead of trying to minimise cost of everything. Sometimes he wondered if he would have chosen someone of his stature who did not think of economising all the time.

Ten minutes later, his cousins walked in, grumbling.

"Julien, What the Eff is this? We were to meet at the Imperial Palace. Or we would meet at Flower Palace. Why did you change it to Ci'gazze? Making us fly down here all the way! And that too, you didn't bother to tell us of the change till we called to find why you were not in yet! Grandfather saw us twice. Once he had coffee with us and second time he grilled us why we were in the Imperial Palace!

"I know you are almost the Emperor now, but this is uncalled for." Drabert protested.

Julien didn't bother to reply. He waved to the steward to serve coffee and snacks. Plates of sandwiches, cookies, hard bread with butter and condiments were on the table instantly. Coffee and drinks that each of them preferred was also served.

"Why are you here in Ci'gazze?" Crator asked.

"Your girlfriend is willing to accommodate you any time you whistle for her, but I need to get the moments I can." Julien said caustically. He was not happy to have sacrificed his time with Dusk for the meeting. But the meeting was important too and planned before.

The 3 younger cousins all looked at each other and then Louis roared with laughter. "Let me guess! Dusk Hale agreed to let you in... so to say. I can't believe my famous brother, the most eligible bachelor on the planet has to beg for sex!"

Then his face changed, and he grimaced in pain as Julien caught his left hand and crushed it in a vice like grip. "Sorry! Sorry! I didn't say anything. Sorry! Please, I will never object!"

"It's amazing, how our cousin can bully us, but gets bullied so badly by Dusk Hale. We need to learn from her." Crator commented from a safe distance.