Chapter 30: Catherine's Reconciliation

"What? Why are we going there? That is my house!" Catherine cried out.

"Yes, I know. That is why I am asking you to come along. Neither you nor Julien ever invited me there. I wonder why."

"You saw what happened on the one occasion you interacted with my mother! And you wonder why we never took you home?" Catherine asked in a rather high-pitched voice. "Any way, why are we going there? I mean, Julien does not live there anymore."

"My life does not revolve around Julien any more... No, I need to meet your dad and your mom." Dusk replied.

"You will not be allowed to meet my mom. She is confined to her room."

Dusk just smiled and did not say anything more.

... ...

Dusk noted that the staff of the Flower Palace greeted Catherine enthusiastically. They were happy to see their youngest mistress back home. They had missed her a lot. The smile on Catherine's face also reflected her happiness.

Dusk wondered why she had not returned home almost for a whole year when she was happy there and everyone liked her so much. She guessed the problem was with her parents or probably her mother.

The ADC greeted Dusk politely. "Your Grace, Welcome to Flower Palace! We have heard a lot about you from our younger masters, Julien and Louis. Unfortunately, both of them are not at home at the moment. Lord Gregner has asked us to bring you both to the roof garden. He has a visitor he wants you to meet.

He led both the girls to the roof-top of the 5-floor high Palace. On the roof was a massive garden that seem to cover every part of the palace. In the garden were a wide variety of flowering plants that seem to have come from different parts of the nation. The 'Climate Control System' maintained differing temperature and humidity levels on different parts of the roof-top garden. Dusk had not realised that it was possible to have such extensive climate control in an open area. It was obvious to her again, how much money the Royal Family spent on meaningless luxuries.

Seeing Dusk's reaction, Catherine explained that the name 'Flower Palace' actually came from the variety of flowers that were grown in the roof-top garden. It made Dusk wonder for a moment what occult practices must have been conducted at Lord Sunjune's home at some point to give it that name.

Sitting under a shaded umbrella Dusk saw two men, with a drink in their hands and a wide spread of different type of snacks in the table between them. She recognised one of them – Lord Gregner.

Both men turned towards the girls. The second man smiled and greeted Catherine, "Ah! There you are Catherine. You look nice, my new Duchess!"

Catherine gave a shy smile and then ran to embrace him. "Good to see you Uncle Walterson! I did not expect to see you here."

"From what my Bother-In-Law says, I was not expecting to see YOU here." He replied with a smile. "And it's good to hear you call me uncle again. I am happy you are accepting who you are, and the anger and rejection of the previous year is behind you. But you know, your parents miss you, right."

He made Catherine sit next to him and turned to Dusk who was standing on one side, feeling awkward. She had not expected a family reunion or that Catherine's uncle would be there. Then her mind worked things out... If he was Catherine's uncle... and Lord Gregner's Brother-In-Law, then he must be the brother of Lady Princess Shanit! Then it clicked and her eyes went wide in surprise.

Lucas Walterson, Emperor of Romana, one of the most powerful kingdoms on the planet, had stood up and extended his hand to Dusk, "Duchess Hale of Sparta, I presume? Let me congratulate Your Grace for all of your achievements, of which your elevation to Nobility is one of the least."