Chapter 74: Strategic Chaos

Far from the Elite Prudence Club, in a room in a certain dilapidated mansion...

An Investigator of Imperial Security approached the man sitting in the lounge, staring at something on the communicator. He peered over to see what his Master was reviewing so seriously, without being too obvious.

Price of Bread, Pasta, to drop sharply with new Romana Wheat Deal. Cartier Family to make $2 Billion. Dusk Hale Holdings will benefit from the deal too, both from the portal fee and by providing logistics through its subsidiary. And in case people forget, Dusk Hale holds 50% of Cartier Family companies.

"Local citizen will benefit massively from higher availability of wheat. It is our staple. I definitely support the deal. Local Wheat production and pricing will remain mostly unaffected" says Mr. Blanco, Director of Cartier Fruit Masters Inc.

"Potaponiac Farmhand Estate inc. and all its associated farms will continue to grow wheat. The current Romana Price is still 10% higher than our average price last year. Besides, our transport cost is much lower. And we have more profitable things to grow on our farms anyway." says Mr. Jarden, Potoponiac Farmhand Manager

"It is a question of a profitable product mix. We can only make so much growing wheat, most so since we don't wish to take prices up. So in a profitably Matrix and a Transportation Model, if I can lower the wheat production and replace it with Cotton, Coffee and Sugar-crop, the farm profits will double or triple. Why will I be unhappy? Your people should go to college and study so that you understand profitability and product mix strategy. Dusk... Oops! Her Grace wants farmers to benefit, she would not do a deal that harms farmers." Explained Ms. Dawn Hale, President Designate.

"Thousand Nations offers shipping fleet to transport Romana Wheat to Bravadia."

Julien looked up warily. "If you are seeking me out, I assume there is a problem."

The investigator did not say anything but threw a transcript at the Universal Communicator. Julien read it and pursed his lips. However, he controlled his anger rapidly. He did not want to be reprimanded by his grandfather again for any hot-headed action.

"Should we arrest them?" The investigator asked. He had a warrant ready for the Crown Prince to sign.

"No." Julien replied. As the shocked man in front of him gaped, he continued, "Let them execute the plan. Ensure that they are aware of Dusk Hale's buffer week plan. The attack should be in the middle of the Arcadian Desert."

"And yes, tell Mayor of Capricious to ensure that voting on new mayors is delayed till after the buffer week. Ask Scarlet to ensure the voting portal develops technical problems. Tell her to insist on 2 weeks mandatory governance training for everyone who wants to be a mayor. That will push the action back long enough for our purpose." Julien said as the investigator hesitated.

... ...

"Umm... Director Susco, Ms. Gorgeous Cartier is here, asking for an audience with you. She says she knows you are in the office. She is very bossy, I had to come in to ask you if you will see her." Cindy explained nervously.

"Huh? Who names their daughter as Gorgeous? It should have been a pet name given by her boyfriend! Are you even sure it's her name? Anyway, why should I meet her even if I am in the office. We didn't give her an appointment, did we?" Susco asked annoyed.

Susco had come to Regis because her parents were invited by Princess Goldie to spend time with her at Cartier Manor over the weekend. Earlier during the week, the little Princess had landed up unannounced in her parent's house in Potaponiac claiming she needed some love and no one else was interested in her company. Naturally her soft-hearted mother melted completely and let her stay over with them for 3 whole days!