Chapter 82: Catherine as Subordinate

Dusk's arms were wrapped around her sister, whom she was trying to comfort. They had been close to each other from childhood and were together most of their time. It was only recently that their schedules had forced them to meet much less.

When Dusk had chosen Reigs as the place for Dawn to study, she did not know her work with the Duchy as well as Dawn's own projects like Farmhand would keep her too busy to fly down to Ci'gazze every Friday. She had also not considered that she herself will be too busy to return to Regis more often. Or that her frequent trips to Bushrasais and Capricious would reduce the time she had to come to Regis.

And along with that, Dawn had made her own set of friends, had her own social life, went on dates... all while focusing seriously on her studies, doing her internships. Dusk had received no complaints from the companies Dawn worked with, so she knew that her sister was working hard. That was difficult for a girl who had never focused on study before, who was always told that all she can be is a server in a rural eatery.

Catherine was looking on curiously but fully empathising with Dawn. She had often disobeyed her brother and when she was found out, she had to placate him. Only, Dawn seemed to be much more serious and genuinely sorry, as if she really would not do such a thing again.

She decided that she needed to learn from Dawn so that she could appear more sincere herself the next time she was being scolded by Julien. She did not for a minute consider the possibility that perhaps Dawn was really sorry and her promise not to disobey was real.

In the end, she decided that like Goldie said, it was an opportunity not to be missed, so she also went and hugged Dawn and Dusk, letting her friend know she had her support.

The maids and attendants in the room were also frozen in place, looking at the Duchess and her sister and at the Princess. They had not seen such open display of affection among the Royal Family, who were always stiff and formal. To them, Dusk was a member of the Nobility, future Princess and Empress and they held her to the same standards.

Finally, Dusk pushed her sister away and said, "Its ok Dawn. Our thoughts will not always match. You need to make your own decisions. You need to learn to manager you own wealth, decide how you wish to spend it. If I were to direct you in everything, then what is the meaning of you growing up?

"You are almost an adult. I will not have a control on you soon. If I were to keep you always under my thumb, then I would be nothing different from our dad, would I? I can't be controlling. I should not be..." Dusk said with a smile. She wanted to add, 'I don't want to be Julien', but did not say it aloud.

Dawn hugged her elder sister again in happiness and said, "You are the best sister ever! Thank you for understanding."

"Yes, in a way, I agree with Crator's suggestion. But I will let the arrangement stay the way it is. A month after you are an adult, you will take the decision. If you want to keep the house for mom and dad, you need to pay Crator. If not, transfer the ownership to him and let him decide what he wants to do with it.

"You may give mom some money if you want. I don't care. But make sure you are not exploited like we were before. In any case, you have a lot of money. Now it's you call whether you want to work or not, but the money you already have can't be spent by a rational person in their lifetime. Irrationality is not in your blood, I hope. I mean like if you buy an EPAC, of course your money will be all over." Dusk continued.

Dawn nodded. For a moment her eyes shone with the idea. Buying an EPAC was attractive. Not because she wanted to ride it, but she could lease it to people like Hanna's Mom and they would pay a good price for it. It could be a profitable investment. She quickly forced her elation down. Dusk was kill her if she had such crazy plans, though she suspected Crator would support her and tell her to go ahead. He would tell her to start a competitor to Ariyan Airlines, even!