Chapter 22: Collin Makes a Move

While Dawn was in the Village and the Princesses were taking a tour of the Manor, Dusk was left alone to entertain her guest, Prince Collin.

She offered to accompany him to the garden, which she knew was beautiful at that time of the evening. The lights had just been switched on and the place had an ethereal look. Collin readily agreed. They changed quickly changed out of their swimwear and went to the garden.

"So, Crown Prince Sacramento, what did you really come to Regis for? You said you wanted to discuss something with me." Dusk asked.

"Please Ms. Hale, I will appreciate if you just call me Collin... And don't say you can't, because you are calling everyone else in the Royal Family by their names." He replied.

Dusk laughed and agreed to call him 'Prince Collin'. As she turned to look at him, in the shadowy play of lights in the garden, she felt his handsome profile was mesmerising. His golden hair looked like a halo around his forehead. For a moment, Dusk wondered how his skin was so smooth and clear. It looked even better than any celebrity holo-vision star, better than the girls from the top families she had met at the parties and balls. For a second, she wondered what it would feel like to reach out and touch his face.

Her hand almost moved of their own accord, and she had to restrain herself. Quickly she supressed her thoughts about his looks. She was now sure this was all because she was missing Luke... She wondered if she should listen to Pearson's advice and start dating and sleep with a few other guys. Then she firmly supressed that line of thought also.

"So, Prince Collin, your trip here? What is the purpose?"

"I am the Crown Prince of Olixer Kingdom, Ms. Hale. It is natural for me to come to Regis. We are a vassal state of Bravadia. We have no option but to come from time to time and pay our respect to the Emperor. We depend on this country for our security, half of our trade is with you. Many companies in my country will die if some day Bravadia were to close its borders to us!

"In addition, my Aunt lives here. I think you know that Princess Crystala is the third sister of my mother. It is natural that I will come and visit her often. She cannot leave Regis much because of her duties as the wife of Lord Sunjune. And I think you know, she is the de-facto mom for the Rebellious Royals, Rosemary and Catherine."

Dusk laughed at the description of Catherine, but she did not agree with Rosemary being a rebellious child. However, it was true, that from what she could see, Lady Princess Crystala was the one who spent most of her time with the Princesses, far more than their own Parents did. Crystala spent a month with them in Ci'gazze while Lady Princess Shanit was there for a few hours (and caused her breakup with Luke) and Lady Princess Grant, never at all. Even when Catherine was in Regis, she stayed mostly at Occulta Palace.

"But there is something else that was specific in this trip, you see... Apart from orders of my Sister to keep Goldie out of her hair for a week..." He continued, "It was to meet you, Dusk Hale."

"Really? Why am I so important?" she asked.

"You see, my brother-in-law, our Regent is not good with economics. I can see our businesses losing out and the economy is going into what they call a downward spiral. We need new blood. We need new business families there. Our businesses are run by Nobles. But unlike Bravadia, we did not encourage business families to grow and strengthen. So, we fell back as compared to Bravadia, Romana and Thousand Nations.

"Slowly indigenous businesses are being taken over by foreign companies. I would prefer them to be our own businesses, but if not, at least it should be Bravadian... We do not want to be owned by Thousand Nations or Romana. They will bleed us dry later!"