Chapter 14: RetriBOOMtion

You jump down from the crate and dash into the smoke.

You grab Blake and pull her out, shielding her from oncoming enemy fire.

Roman: Not this time!

He appears out of the smoke, and he aims his cane at you. He's more confident than before.

He fires his cane, and the bullet hits you, drilling into your chest.

Roman: Haha! You aren't invincible! These dust shots are incredible!

The poor fool.

The wound quickly heals, and the special bullet falls out harmlessly. You give him a death stare.

Roman: Oh. Oh dear.

For a brief moment, everything is silent.

(F/N): Come here you little-

Roman: Aahhh!

You dash behind him, wrap your arms around his stomach, lift him up, and suplex the swagger straight out of him.

Sun: Ooohhh... Ouch.

(F/N): Blake! It's time to go!

Blake snaps out of her trance.

Blake: No! We need to stop this!

You sigh. There's no convincing her.

(F/N): Then stand back.

Blake's eyes widen and she scrambles to her feet, backing away.

The rest of the white gang soldiers stare at you, like deer in headlights. They know they can't hurt you. But they can't give up.

(F/N): Don't worry. I'll make it quick.

As soon as you say this, they turn to run.

In an instant, you dash through them, knocking them out with gentle chops and flicks.

They fall to the ground, and all is quiet once again.

Sun: What just happened?

Blake: (F/N) happened.

Sun: Right. Of course. I totally understand.

(F/N): Ok Blake. Theory: confirmed. Ass: kicked. Can we go now?

Blake: Yeah, yeah.

But as soon as you turn to leave, your instincts scream from inside you once again.

You jump and roll away, and something crashes into the ground where you once were.

You regain your footing and look at it.

It's... a person? No, it can't be. It looks like a human rolled up into a ball, but every part of you knows that it isn't. It stands up, and it's eyes open.

You can feel the circuitry behind it's cold face. And you know exactly what it wants.

On its forehead, it bears the crest of the Lycan Clan.

It dashed toward you and slashes at you with its now sword-like arm.

You take out one of your axes, and you block it. But it keeps pushing, trying to overwhelm you.

(F/N): Run.

Blake: ...What?

(F/N): RUN.

Blake scoffs.

Blake takes out her sword and slaves at the robot from behind.

The robot turns its head all the way around and kicks her away.

Sun catches her and starts to run.

Sun: Blake, we can't help him. We'll just get in the way.

Blake looks at you, worried.

Blake: Please, be okay.

The robot turns around again, and it's other arm turns into a sword.

It pushes you with its whole body. But for you? It's nothing.

You burst forward and push it away.

The robot flies back and crashes into a crate. It quickly recovers and lunges at you again.

But before it can swipe at you again, you dash forward and interrupt its attack with a quick chop with your axe, taking its head clean off.

The robot sparks, and falls to the ground, now motionless. It's not getting back up.

The Lycan clan loves their tech, among other things. They know gimmicks like this give them an edge.

But why would they appear here? The Lycan Clan never affiliated with the White Fang. In fact, they considered it opposite.

The White Fang was about bringing equality through peace. The Lycans aren't even made of Faunus people, nor would they care if they were. They rule with an iron fist, they stand against the equality that the White Fang wants. They want war, and nothing else.

But maybe the White Fang has changed for the worse. If they'd work alongside the Lycans...

You have a duty to take them down. For good.

Just as you turn to walk away, your instincts cry out again.

You hear 5 more of those robots crash into the ground behind you, and you turn around to look.

They stand up, and they look at you.

You sigh.

Chapter end

Sup.

It's been a while, but I'm still here. I hope you enjoy.

Cya.