Chapter 5: Sweet Home

You step onto the airship, and the autopilot automatically starts up, so you sit down and wait as the ship takes off.

The fatigue from the previous battle comes in a wave, quickly overwhelming you. The exhaustion slowly puts you to sleep.

A few hours later

AI: *beep* Destination reached.

You open your eyes, and look out of the windshield. The familiar aura of your home washes over you, drowning out the fatigue.

As soon as you get up, and step on solid ground, you're blinded by a flash of red, and tackled almost to the ground.

Ruby: (F/N)! You're back!

Yang: Ruby, calm down. It's only been one mo- HOLY SH-

Yang looks at you, sizing you up.

Yang: ... (F/N). How are you... well, y'know, that ripped?

You shrug. You haven't thought of how your body changed as you fought.

Yang: Even your shirt is ripped. Literally. Your arms tore it.

You look at your arm, and indeed, there is a small tear.

Ruby: Let's spar!

Yang: Yeah, why not?

You crack your knuckles, and walk to the backyard.

A few minutes later

You take a fighting stance, while yang and ruby take theirs.

The memories of you training as a child flow into you again. Ruby with her toy scythe, and yang with her boxing gloves.

It's better not to show them your full capabilities. That would flatten them.

You put your axes away and take a boxing stance, while partially relaxing your body.

Yang rushes you, predictably.

You could just tank it, but that isn't sparring.

You dodge her attacks, but Ruby rushes you from your side.

Both of them attack at once. Even combined, their attacks can't make a dent in your defense.

The blur of battle continues, and you can tell they're getting tired. Suddenly, your well-trained eyes spot an opening.

Yang throws a right cross punch , so you dodge to her side, pull her shoulder back, and wrap your arm around her neck. Yang has always relied on boxing and striking. She hasn't yet mastered grappling, so it's best to use that against her.

Ruby tries to slash at you, but you block her with yang's aura, and you YEET Yang at Ruby.

Ruby evades with her semblance, but you intercept her with a dash of your own, and throw a jab at her face, stopping right before you hit her. The shockwave makes her cloak flutter with your strength

Ruby is stunned, and frozen in place.

You lower your fist, and relax.